Both Unusual and Very Cool

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
husband applied for his social security benefits. He'll be 62 in April......and so far it's not looking like anyone is jumping to employ him.

We got a call from social security today. The caseworker doing husband's app said that we should have Travis re-apply for disability and that she sees no reason he shouldn't be quickly approved. She said that he shouldn't even require new exams as his dxes are not something that are going to improve or go away with time. Little does she know that he's added a diagnosis.........lol

I was stunned. I am still stunned. Of course the only thing that made Travis not eligible for disability when we applied before was husband's income at that time was too high. Although I kept telling them I didn't want a check, I wanted the services it would let the boy get. lol:tongue:

This may be something we look into during his summer break. Another plus is that as an adult he has never been able to hold a job for an extended period. And it would be a good income/safety net for him while he is trying to get his education plus he'll have insurance to cover his medical needs.

Wow. I'm still shaking my head.:redface:

DammitJanet

Lisa, I have been telling you this for years!

DO IT!!!!! Do IT NOW! You can start the application online for him. It will take a bit to get it all going anyway.

Let me explain a bit anyway for you. Since Travis will be found to have been disabled before the age of 22 because his disabilities have been there forever, and because husband will now be getting SS, Travis will get SSDI instead of SSI so your income will not count at all.

Get started on this...NOW!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I suppose it can be a project of husband's. I couldn't navigate thru the forms myself. I keep forgetting you can do it online. :)

I keep telling you I have a crappy memory.....y'all don't believe me. lol