Bought a bedwetting alarm for easy child...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
and the last four nights she's used it, she said it never went off... because she didn't wet the bed!!! She said she just woke up in the morning and went to the bathroom on her own!

I wonder if just having this thing connected to her has made her more aware of her body and maybe not sleeping as deeply?

We'll see if it keeps working... if I'd known this would be the way it works with her, I'd have made my own version of this a loooong time ago! :D

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Hope it works...... we tried this with my son and he just slept thru the alarm...... so at least that isn't HER problem

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Thanks. Me too! We put it on vibrate only at her request.

She used to be dry from age 4 until about age 7 when a lot of stress hit our family (serious illnesses, issues between husband and I, etc.). We tried DDAVP for a while with no results. Last year we tried Lexapro thinking it was anxiety (she had some phobias up until 2nd grade). That didn't do anything for it either.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I worked with a gal a few years ago that had 6 brothers that ALL wet the bed until (no joke) they got married. Most were around 24 years old.

I was shocked to find out that it is a hereditary thing, as BOTH of her kids a boy age 12, and girl age 7 - were both blessed with bladder problems. They did the diapers, alarms and everything. For them nothing worked until they put her son on some medication (forget the name) and that and teen diapers helped him. The little girl? She said she'd just as soon sleep on the potty. lol

I hope this works for your little chickee.....

Haven't forgotten the sweater either - just got side tracked.

Hugs

Lothlorien

I got one of those for Missy, a few years ago. She absolutely refused to even try it. I think it was the ear issues....She tested negative for Auditory Processing Disorders (APD), but I still think she had a touch of it and finally grew out of it. Any weird noises freaked her out and she was terrified of it. I should look into it for Mighty Mouse though. He's going to be six soon and still uses pull ups at night and still wets through them. I'm just afraid of spending the money on it and then him having the same reaction as Missy.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Loth, I only paid around $40 for this one from Amazon. So less than $50 with shipping, and I submitted it to insurance for reimbursement because the pediatrician wrote a prescription for it.

You can choose to have it vibrate only, alarm only, or a combination of both.

Lothlorien

I just had a talk with Mighty Mouse. He was completely adamant about it. HOWEVER, he has been bugging me for a tv in his room since we put one in Missy's room. We only put the tv in her room to help her out when she's in meltdown mode, but he's feeling slighted, I guess. I told him that she didn't get one until she was 7 and he'd have to wait, but when I said if he would wear the alarm and stop wetting his bed by his birthday, we'd get him one for his birthday....he agreed to do it.

Now, the issue is finding him a small inexpensive tv. I figure it's worth the expense, since I'll be saving the money on the pull ups in the long run.

TerryJ2

Good luck with-the alarm. We tried it, and it went off while he was wetting, which didn't help ... it would be nice if someone could invent one that goes off b4 you go so you can actually run to the toilet, LOL! It woke up the whole house. :(

Loth, watch out for those promises. We promised difficult child he could have a cell ph when he was 12, because that's how old easy child was when we got her one. But he is so Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and his friends are just as bad, the we reneged on our promise until he can prove he can control the phone calls. He is very upset with-us but heck, he's got to meet us halfway.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Yeah, you'd better duck (she says, flinging a pull-up at TM's head)! I thought you were supposed to be sick or something. Don't you have a nap to take?! :p

Loth, maybe Freecycle would be a good place to look for a small TV. I saw Walmart has a 14" for $115, which seems a bit more than I thought it would be.

Terry, the idea behind the alarm is that you will STOP the flow once you hear it. But maybe not in everyone's case as you found out!

We never tried one for difficult child 1. He went the DDAVP route and it didn't help much. Then we tried imipramine (low dose) and that did the trick after a few months. I think he was in 4th or 5th grade when he finally stopped.

TerryJ2

Gcvmom, I think my son treated it as a new toy. Maybe he wanted to see how MANY times he could make it go off!!!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
:rofl: Terry, I can just picture it now... pee a little. STOP (alarm goes off). Alarm stops. Pee a little more. STOP (alarm goes off again). Alarm stops. Pee a little more. STOP (alarm goes off again).

That would be difficult child 2 all the way!