Boy did I screw up...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
difficult child's school this week has taken its toll...not having my lunch hour available, and having to be home to pick him up by 5, we haven't even had milk for 2 days...

Today I had to go by the pharmacy before I came home. I got caught by my supervisor at work before I left to discuss details of going to school with difficult child for however long that will last. There was an accident on the bridge delaying traffic, and its storming.

And I forgot to pick up easy child 2 from tutoring! OMG.

Her mom called screaming at me. easy child 2 had called her 30 minutes after I should have had her home and had her come pick her up. Sheesh. What a doof I am.

And literally, this is the first time easy child hasn't called me when I've been 5 minutes late. And of course, this is the one time I've been late that I actually did forget in the midst of the chaos.

Course, you know, mom could have called me when easy child wasn't home 45 minutes after she should have been. In 9 months, she's never been delivered to her mom's past 4:50. easy child could have called me, easy child 1, her dad....but no, she picks her mom. Sheesh.

Its my fault. I did it. But dang. I actually take care of my kid and family...my mommy doesn't do it all. Occassionally, I screw up. And for crying out loud, she was the school. There will be people in and out of there til 10 tonight. Not like she was on the street.

But anyway, I confess. I messed up in a royal sort of way. And I now have a newly remodeled @$$ for it.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Shari, sounds like an accidental oversight. You apologized, admitted guilt and now the mom should move on. You did your penance. It's not like everyone doesn't make mistakes.
Go easy on yourself.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Shari

So, what's wrong with Mom that she can't pick up easy child herself? Why must you do it?

Shrug it off. If I told you half the stuff I've forgotten over the past 2 months of chaos with mother in law you'd never stop laughing. Life goes on. Not a big deal whether Mom cares to make it one or not. Like you said.....although you were late the child was safe where she was. sheesh

*Careful now, your days are starting to sound like mine. ;) *

((hugs))

Jena

ok you need to hand over the bat and stop beating yourself up. You are right, why didn't she call you you were doing pick up?? it's ok we forget sometimes and are not perfect you were juggling alot this week, something was bound to give a little.

honest mistake, totally.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
easy child 2's mom finally "allowed" us to put easy child in tutoring, but we have to pay for it and do all the transporting. She won't have her mother (easy child 2's grandma) "inconvenienced" by it, and mom doesn't do squat herself. Heck, she doesn't even pick up easy child from after school activities that SHE signs the persmission slips for - grandma does it all.

house of cards

I've forgotten 5 of my 8 kids at one time or another. They all remind me regularly. Stuff happens, don't feel bad, your average is much better then mine!