Boy in Spiderman PJ's Picked Up

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by SRL, Sep 15, 2010.

1. SRL

SRL Active Member

LOL, does this kiddo belong to anyone here?! :D

MURPHYSBORO, Ill. — Clad in Spiderman pajamas, a 5-year-old southern Illinois boy on a scooter had someplace to be. And he apparently wasn't going to let busy highways stand in his way. Authorities said Jackson County sheriff's deputies picked up the boy and his Razor-type scooter about 2 a.m. Wednesday along Old Illinois 13 in Murphysboro after fielding two 911 calls about the child's trek.
    Investigators said the boy reportedly left home without his parents' knowledge to visit a friend in Carbondale, about seven miles away. Deputies got to him about two miles into his journey, which involved traveling on two major highways.

The boy was unharmed and returned to his grateful parents.
    Get HuffPost

https://web.archive.org/web/2010091...09/10/fiveyearold-in-spiderman-_n_711897.html

2. klmno

klmno Active Member

Maybe we should send a card to the parents with the forum website listed- I have a feeling they are going to need it!

3. Fran

Fran Former Site Owner

OMG! sounds like something my difficult child would have done. Very scary.

4. Shari

Shari IsItFridayYet?

Yeah...I can relate. lol

Not my kiddo, tho. Mine's 8. ROFL

5. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

Oh gosh...brings back memories! Cory left home at 3 in a pull-up and a pj shirt early one morning with a dollar heading off across a field to go get an ice cream. Thankfully a state trooper saw him in the church parking lot before he hit the highway and picked him up. Trooper actually took him to go get the ice cream before bringing him home though...lol.

6. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

Must be a guy thing...Miss KT was too afraid of the dark to do that.

7. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

OMG! Yes, they do need to join this board.

8. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member