Boy Interrupted

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I DVR'd this last night, things were not good in the Totoro household last night I didn't think I could handle that as well.
But I am going to watch it when I actually have a calm night.... or just a night! LOL
It was well done though?
It sounded really interesting though quite a sad topic. One unfortunately I have had to see and deal with in my family too many times.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
It was very well done, and very honest. The parents are filmmakers. I got the feeling it was probably very difficult for them to make, yet catharctic at the same time. It broke my heart, and it truly is gut-wrenching, so be prepared with kleenex. Yet I immediately thought of so many parents on this site.. and my own children.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Thanks I will watch it when I am fully prepared!
Lots of Kleenex and ready, or at least not when my kids are in a depressed mood.

TerryJ2

Whew. Good thing I'm still borrowing my daughter's computer because it will be a few days b4 I can handle that. I'm sleep deprived from our trip.
Sounds like a powerful documentary. So painful.

house of cards

It described what I fear and fight to prevent with Major. I really related to the older brother saying that his brother felt all the normal feelings of any 15 yo...just 20,000 times stronger.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
It's a documentary, no book. You might be thinking of "Girl Interrupted" .. which was fiction and made into a movie with Angelina Jolie and Winona Ryder. Obviously they played off that title for theirs.

The parents put this together using video and still shots of their son from birth, and interviews with friends, family members, teachers, and doctors/therapists.

susiestar

Roll With It
This has been one of my deepest fears for Wiz for many years. I will try to watch it later today. Not sure I can handle watching it but I sure am going to try.

crabby erin

Not sure if I could handle it...my difficult child has been saying he'll kill himself since he was about 5 yrs!

I don't think a parent could ever recover from that.