Brag: I felt like a parent of PCs

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by JJJ, Jul 19, 2007.

1. JJJ

JJJ Active Member

Since I started working part-time I have kept my nails done (since 90% of my job is working with customers 1:1). I absolutely had to get the gels filled this week and I had no sitter and husband is working late every night this week so that we can leave for vacation on Saturday.

I had to take all 3 of my younger ones to the salon with me. They were so well behaved that you'd have thought I had PCs. I was so proud of them. It took almost 2 hours -- Tigger slept the first 40 minutes but was still well behaved when he woke up.

Another glimpse of the light at the end of the tunnel...
  2. JJJ

JJJ Active Member

Course I jinx myself -- Eeyore was goofing around and threw a pillow at Piglet who ducked and it hit a vase, knocked it over and shattered it -- thank goodness it was a dollar store vase and not one of my good ones (which are packed away until we're empty nesters)!
  3. Big Bad Kitty

Big Bad Kitty lolcat

mom always said don't play pillow in the house... :smile:

4. On_Call

On_Call New Member

Okay, so they broke a vase - but they were awesome at the salon!! I'd say that's cause for celebration!! :smile:
  5. slsh

slsh member since 1999

Goodness, JJJ - I would never in a million years even dream of taking even my easy child-est of pcs to a salon for 2 hours. It would be sheer torture... for me! Congrats to the crew for doing such a great job!

And aren't you the smart mom for hiding away all the nice breakables!! We only figured that out *after* thank you had destroyed anything of importance. I'm planning on a heck of an empty-nester shopping spree (in about 10 years, LOL).
  6. JJJ

JJJ Active Member

Well, it wasn't so much smarts as I hadn't unpacked those boxes yet when we got our first foster care placement, so they are still packed from our move 8 years ago LOL.
  7. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

How cool that they were so well behaved at the salon! Way To Go difficult children :bravo:I'm very impressed. And, heck, even pcs will break vases! We always laugh and say easy child has broken way more glasses than difficult child.