*#$@#$ Brain Cancer

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by eekysign, Mar 4, 2009.

1. eekysign

eekysign New Member

Just found out that the Dad of one of my best friends has had his tumor reoccur. He'd gotten a temporarily clean bill of health after his surgery, but Mom and I were waiting with baited breath about it, 'cause even with his chemo, it's not a good prognosis for remission.

But no, he's been shaky and erratic and "crazy" lately, so they scheduled him for an emergency MRI, and there's a new tumor. My friend has been really rough lately, is seeing a psychiatric and therapist already. She even had an appointment today, thank god. Her entire family is on anti-depressants. I think I mentioned her in an earlier post re: Xanax.

Brain cancer also took my stepdad, 3 years ago. He was gone 5 months after his diagnosis.

I'm really, really tired of it already.

2. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

eeky -

Just know I'm keeping you all in my best thoughts.

Star

3. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

Sending healing and calming thoughts. I will keep your friend and family in my prayers.

4. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

I am so sorry. Sending prayers and support.

5. Fran

Fran Former Site Owner

It's tough to watch a loved one suffer and go downhill.

6. trinityroyal

trinityroyal Well-Known Member

Eeky, I'm so very sorry to hear this.
    Sending healing thoughts and prayers.

Trinity

7. rejectedmom

rejectedmom New Member

I lost a dear friend to it last year. I am so sorry you are dealing with this. -RM

8. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

How frustrating for you. I'm so sorry.

9. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

Aw, Eeky, I'm sorry. It takes a toll on everyone.

Scary to watch. I hope they can get him on something to keep HIM calm, as well as the rest of the family.

{{hugs}}

10. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

I'm sorry. (((Hugs)))

11. eekysign

eekysign New Member

Thanks, everyone. I'll update if I find out more. :(

They had JUST convinced him to start taking anti-depressants last week. He'd been a bear lately, and beyond grumpy. That was the big success of the week....now they are trying to figure out the next step. Sigh.

It's just hard to support her with-o bringing the fact that we lost our battle into the mix. They're thinking of a teaching hospital's treatment, possibly---we went down there, too. It's hard to say, "Oh, they're great, definitely!" without having her think the subtext of, "Yeah, but it didn't work for your stepdad." And I now have to decide whether I need to tell my Mom---she'd want to know, but she's not friends with the family, and it'll make her nuts to not be able to do anything (they're a huge family, not reaching out to the community at this point). Bleh.

12. ThreeShadows

ThreeShadows Quid me anxia?

I'm so sorry, eeky. I never know what to say in these situations. There has been so much brain cancer among those I have known in the course of my life that I don't know if it's just more successfully diagnosed or if it's pollutants!

13. ML

ML Guest

My prayers for your friend's family and for you. Hugs, ML