*#$@#$ Brain Cancer

eekysign

Just found out that the Dad of one of my best friends has had his tumor reoccur. He'd gotten a temporarily clean bill of health after his surgery, but Mom and I were waiting with baited breath about it, 'cause even with his chemo, it's not a good prognosis for remission.

But no, he's been shaky and erratic and "crazy" lately, so they scheduled him for an emergency MRI, and there's a new tumor. My friend has been really rough lately, is seeing a psychiatric and therapist already. She even had an appointment today, thank god. Her entire family is on anti-depressants. I think I mentioned her in an earlier post re: Xanax.

Brain cancer also took my stepdad, 3 years ago. He was gone 5 months after his diagnosis.

I'm really, really tired of it already.

TerryJ2

Aw, Eeky, I'm sorry. It takes a toll on everyone.

Scary to watch. I hope they can get him on something to keep HIM calm, as well as the rest of the family.

{{hugs}}

eekysign

Thanks, everyone. I'll update if I find out more. :(

They had JUST convinced him to start taking anti-depressants last week. He'd been a bear lately, and beyond grumpy. That was the big success of the week....now they are trying to figure out the next step. Sigh.

It's just hard to support her with-o bringing the fact that we lost our battle into the mix. They're thinking of a teaching hospital's treatment, possibly---we went down there, too. It's hard to say, "Oh, they're great, definitely!" without having her think the subtext of, "Yeah, but it didn't work for your stepdad." And I now have to decide whether I need to tell my Mom---she'd want to know, but she's not friends with the family, and it'll make her nuts to not be able to do anything (they're a huge family, not reaching out to the community at this point). Bleh.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I'm so sorry, eeky. I never know what to say in these situations. There has been so much brain cancer among those I have known in the course of my life that I don't know if it's just more successfully diagnosed or if it's pollutants!