Breast cancer pathology results

Marguerite

The aubergine boob has shrunk a bit more this morning, it's looking more like Gorbachev's birthmark. It looks like more bruise colour is coming out, though.

Night-time sexy underwired nightie - I think it would look better without the purple. Plus there's the yellow developing behind the purple.

I am so glad my surgeon told me to continue wearing underwired bras - I call them my Salvation Army bras. They uplift the fallen.

I'm off to go find my tiny little vibrator. My neurologist used it on me last time to help with the Epley's. It's been three years since I last used it - also on my ear!

Ever thought you'd need neurological tools from a sex shop?

I'll let you all know how I get on, I have to get dressed and have my breakfast, then leave for my appointment. Would you believe - I'm still sitting here in my Dracula-tempting attire, talking to you guys? Thank goodness I'm not yet registered on Skype!

Marg

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Thank goodness I'm not yet registered on Skype!

Not gonna go there... you and your aubergine boob a-la-Gorbachev with a sex shop vibrator in a Naughty Nosferatu Nighty -- the tag words for this thread are enough to make a head spin.

:rofl:

ctmom05

Marg ~

It can be tough to be sensible when the word cancer applies to you. You are doing a wonderful job managing this situation. Inner strength like yours is a beautiful thing.

I am thinking of you often.

Marguerite

I'm seriously considering posting photos - ten you'll know I'm not kidding about the description. Having a boob looking like Gorbachev's head is a bit disconcerting.

Still, they say purple is the in colour this autumn...

I just got back from the neurologist. That guy is a flirt! But he has (I think) fixed my vertigo. Good for my ego, PLUS effective therapeutically. He's not inappropriate in any way, I guess it's because I've been seeing him for some years now.

He did see me yesterday at the surgeon's post-hospital consult. I know his secretary saw me, she said she was wondering what I was doing in with the surgeon. But the neurologist asked me too, when I got in today. My current line is, "A week ago today, I had cancer."

Because as far as the pathology report indicates, all things considered, I don't any more.

I'm trying to organise my radiation treatment but there seems to be a glitch in my file in their computer. I had the surgery done in private hospital (to get it done quickly) but from here on, I'm back in the public system with waiting lists and paperwork glitches. Still, the Breast Care Nurse service is also part of the public system even though they dovetailed it neatly with my private hospital admission last week.

husband's sister arrives on Monday. After my self-drive trip today, I know I can collect her from the airport. I'll be fine.

Marg

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:rofl:

It does sound very promising Marg. I'm sooo glad. It's amazing how far they've come with breast cancer.

(((hugs)))

Marg,

I can understand the problem you have with it looking like Gorbachev's head - Quickly gets rid of the sexy, evening attire sort of atmosphere... You made me spit up my coffee!

You are just an absolutely amazing woman!!! I know it's been said many times before, but I just can't stop repeating it again and again and again, etc...

So relieved you're doing so well!!! As always, thinking of you... SFR

trinityroyal

Marg, the results sound so positive. I am so glad to hear it. And I've been howling with laughter over the visuals created by your description.

Trinity

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Woman, you are like a steamroller... nothing stops you! This is just a blip, a bump in the road for the warrior mom you are!:warrior:

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm still trying to picture Gorbachev with a boob on his forehead. (No offense to anyone of the Russian persuasion) just sayin'.

Marguerite

Not so much a boob on Gorbachev's head - more a boob shaped like Gorbachev's head, complete with the birthmark. Only the "birthmark" covers about have the dome...

I'm thinking about the male friend at church who was moaning about how I won't be able to wear the dress he likes me in, any more. I told him that scars wouldn't stop me. But if I wore it right now, I think the purple and the red would clash a bit. Although the purple seems to be getting dragged down by gravity, I'm sure it's lower than it was. Probably the swelling going down. Soon I'll know what the final shape and size will be.

As for the steamroller, gcvmom, I feel more like it has run over me. Still sore. Trying to wear a 'real' bra today, it's still uncomfortable under my arm. The bra isn't pressing there, but all the overflowing flesh (things still swollen) means it's pressing on bits that aren't enjoying it much.

The sun's out. I might go get my swimsuit on instead. It's underwired, but not unpleasantly so. Lots of room in the back for swollen expansions...

I keep finding people who have been through this themselves. I rang my oldest friend last night, I didn't want to just tell her via email. Turns out, she had the same thing about ten years ago (and never told me! But she was married to creep-features at the time). And the JWs just visited (they drop in regularly, I preach to them about evolution and keep them talking) and it turns out, my regular JW visitor had hers done two years ago. Same thing.

So - yeah, we just get on with life. It's only loudmouths like me who talk about it. But then - I'm on the campaign trail to convince people to have mammograms. They're free here if you're female and over 45, so it's crazy not to.

Marg

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I think the only word this thread is missing is the Oz word for eraser. But I'm not sure how to work it in....

Great updates, Marg. So glad to hear it.