Bridal stuff

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
So eight if us are heading to the bridal shop tomorrow afternoon. easy child and the bridesmaid will be trying on dresses, along with the flower girl. difficult child's future mother in law and sister in law will join us. I'll be trying on some dresses as well!

Should be fun!!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
We had fun! The bridesmaids dresses have been chosen and ordered. And they only cost $106 each and mine also!

difficult children future mother in law is a nice woman for the most part but she's kind of a phony nice and judgmental, which kind of put a damper on things but I didn't let it kill my fun! The flower girl was adorable but we didn't find a dress for her. Some were nice but nothing was 'it'. difficult child and she will go dress shopping at the mall another time.

Anyway, it was a nice time! Then PCM, difficult child, niece and I went out for drinks and lunch.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Here's my dress! Color is eggplant.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 265

DDD

I think eggplant is a wonderful color. What color is mother in law wearing? And the bridesmaids? Glad you had fun. been there done that, lol, and glad it's behind me. DDD

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
The red is what the bridesmaid will wear (cousin) and the pink is what easy child will wear. We are trying to find a fun dress for the flower girl, maybe pink polka dots.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 249
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 251

InsaneCdn

I don't know what difficult children mother in law is wearing. She wants to wear red, which is the same as the bridesmaids. Ugh

Of course, you have no input but...
Maybe mother in law could wear a two-tone outfit - with the red matching the bridesmaids but some other color with it (white, black, navy, green... there's lots that goes with red!) It wouldn't be so "bold" as all-red... but who knows, red might be mother in law's "thing", you know?

susiestar

Roll With It
The dress is beautiful! It is awesome that you aren't letting difficult child's future mother in law ruin your fun as this is a time and occasion we parents don't get many of.

If she wants/needs ideas or inspirations, there seem to be a TON of pages of wedding stuff, esp DIY/cheap but classy ideas on pinterest.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Of course, you have no input but...
Maybe mother in law could wear a two-tone outfit - with the red matching the bridesmaids but some other color with it (white, black, navy, green... there's lots that goes with red!) It wouldn't be so "bold" as all-red... but who knows, red might be mother in law's "thing", you know?

Red is actually my favorite color, followed by purple (eggplant-purpley)...

I really don't care what she wears, honestly. I just want everyone to be happy and comfortable in whatever they choose! I was so impressed with difficult child the other day. Her cousin came in and asked, "So, what are the rules, what do we have to wear?" and difficult child smiled and said, "You choose the dress you want, just make sure it't in this color. I don't want you to buy a dress you hate!" and everyone sighed in relief. Hahaha.