Bridge to Terabithia

On_Call

We took the munchkins to see Bridge to Terabithia yesterday afternoon as they are off school and my office was closed for Presidents' Day.

I have to say that my expectations were not very high, but the movie far exceeded them! It was well-written and both husband and I enjoyed it. (Actually, we joked that we can't remember the last time we took the kids to a movie that had actual actors in it - not an animated movie - lol.)

Having said that, though, and I don't want to give too much away to spoil it for those who want to see it, there is a terrifically sad part that I did not know was coming. Had difficult child not read the book already at day treatment, I know he would have been upset. And easy child - at (almost) 8 - was visibly upset, but since the movie turned around at the end, she was okay.

Without giving it away - has anyone else seen it and were you surprised, too??

mum2JK&TH

I have not seen it but my easy child (11) did at a birthday party. It's interesting that you mention that sad part. She told me that there was a sad part in it but I asked her not to tell me because we wanted to go and see it cause difficult child wanted to.

Is it really that sad, this part? I think I will talk to her about it tonight.

SkunkMomma

I read the book, it was very good. I heard the author of the book wanted the movie to be just like what he wrote and was very involved in the movie.