Brief check-in

nerfherder

I'm still alive, but it's Summer and even with the brief 3 half day a week respite of Extended School Year, I'm not doing all that well.

Kiddo has:

Ruined all the pairs of panty hose she owns (worn for sensory purposes, when wearing shorts) squeezing under the fence to get to the neighbor's apple tree;
Ruined my Corona (an expensive, best quality brand) ratcheting-type pruners cutting through the fence to get to the neighbor's apple tree;
Damaged a section of the goats' part-time irrigation pen climbing over that section to get to the part of the neighbor's apple tree that hangs over the pen;
Figured out how to climb over barbed wire to get to the same;
Broke my locking cabinet door twice so as to get to my saccharine packets;
Come at me with a raised fist when I was calling her Regional Center caseworker to report the fence-cutting (that was easy. I looked at her and said "What do you think you're doing?" and she backed down fast);
Repeatedly gone after all the Pop Tarts the second anyone's back was turned at summer school;
Gotten into my purse repeatedly (I only keep my earbuds there, no way will I keep anything she wants in there, that was obvious!);
Had numerous screaming fits because whenever she's caught doing anything it's never her fault;
Made good progress on breaking the cottage door because - well, time-outs are Wrong and Bad and Evil;
I'm sure there's more I could list but I think you get the idea.

Blacksmith suggests if the Volunteer Attorneys don't get me a guardianship court hearing in time for her 18th birthday the minute she does something that equals "break in" or "theft" to just call the sheriff and get her gone. I doubt it's that simple but that'll probably be my action of last resort. My feelings are bleeding through to my behaviors and it's having an impact on everyone around me.

I'll be in touch when "Real School" starts, if not sooner. I'm looking forward to a looong morning with a huge pot of coffee and a chance to catch up with y'all. I'm going to change my settings to email notifications so if anyone wants to drop me a line I'll know about it. :)

Otherwise - humans are fine, goats are fine, chickens are fine, bunnies are doing what bunnies do and are managing the heat with afternoon ice bottles cheerfully supplied by us; and we now have 5 Indian Runner ducks helping with the bugs in the orchard. With her babies weaned off, Dancer is giving us 3/4 gallon milk a day, and RN is getting back into cheese and yogurt making.

Bummer - I started using real fresh goat milk in my coffee, and had to stop after less than a month. Headache every morning, hot flashes have gone from 3 or so a month to 4 to 6 every day; after almost a year of 3 month cycles I had a 3 _WEEK_ cycle; and have zits on my neck too. Probably just whatever natural hormones are present in milk; I don't think the cultured stuff does that; never had a similar problem with cheese or yogurt. Non-dairy creamer (which is basically milk solids so heavily processed that all that's left is sodium casienate) has never been a problem that I can tell.

InsaneCdn

Nice to "see" you again, wondered how it was going...
Summer isn't the same for some of us difficult child parents.

Hope you manage to hang on to a shred of sanity!

As for that fresh goat milk - is that pasturized? for some people, raw milk is a problem an pasturized is not...

JKF

I was just thinking about you the other day nerf. I'm sorry you're having a hard time but glad you checked in. Hang in there!!!

SuZir

Very glad you checked in. I was just thinking of you and checking when you had last been here few days ago.

Sorry it has been so exhausting and Kiddo's food cravings and things she does because of that have been so out of hand. Take care!

nerfherder

This morning she found the one pair of clipping pliers I lost track of and forgot to lock away and cut the fence below the barbed wire.

L

Liahona

Wow, would the neighbors be understanding if you offered to cut down their tree? Hope your house stays intact until school starts.