Brief Update

DDD

I haven't posted for awhile as I am burning the candle at both ends and feel a bit raggy from the stress. Almost daily I do read to stay abreast of "the family". :D

easy child/difficult child is apparently OFF all illegal drugs. He is making progress. He was turned down for diability and is giving his best shot at working with us. Three days a week he comes to our store for a bit and earns pocket money. He can NOT work
a full day and MUST take very frequent breaks. on the other hand, there are days when he is pretty darn sharp so we are trying to be optimistic.

The good news (of the month, anyway, lol) is that he has found a new girlfriend who does not do drugs and also is not a drinker. She's "hot" and thinks he is too. Hmmm..maybe I'll have to change my worry list! :love-very: She lives on our side of town so he is no longer in frequent view of law enforcement!
Yeah!

We're not doing flips of joy but things are better. His booze
issue is no longer daily which really lessons the tension.

Baby steps. Baby steps...:redface: but no b a b y....that's the goal! DDD

gottaloveem

:thumbsup:

Nothing like the power of a good woman! :)

Glad to know the tensions are less. Amazing how substance abuse can turn a home upside down.

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Really nice to hear from you DDD! Glad things are just a bit more smooth. Here's hoping the hot babe is just the ticket to the ongoing road of progress.
:warrior:
Peace

DammitJanet

Glad things seem to be smoother. You said he was turned down for disability...please go to the next stage and get the lawyer and appeal. Most folks are denied initially.

Ephchap

Well, my friend, progress is progress, and I'm tickled he's making progress. You know that I'm a firm believer in a good woman being a good influence. lol.

Sending good thoughts that he stays on this path and continues to make good choices !

Mega hugs,
Deb

KFld

Those sounds like some pretty big steps. I'm happy for all of you. I know what the power of a good women can do. I really believe it turned my difficult child's life around and really helped him turn from a difficult child to a easy child/difficult child. Sounds like he's on an upward spiral for a change. I hope for all of you it continues.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Find an attorney that specializes in SSD appeals - they exist - and know their business.

DF is profoundly disabled and it took them 5 years to approve him. He was denied 2x and appealed 1 time and won.

Glad to hear he is doing well - I'm impressed - THREE days a week? WOW! Way to go Mom.

Hugs
Missed you
Star

meowbunny

Other than benefits, things sound pretty good. I'm glad to hear some progress being made by your grandson. Gotta love the power of love!