Brighter Note...... T has a Social Evening Out

Discussion in 'Parent Emeritus' started by Hound dog, Mar 31, 2007.

1. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

This is really awful....I'm still finding it hard to believe. lol

T would socialize at work, but at home nothing. No matter what we tried.

Well, just before he quit wallie world he had befriended a really nice girl. And he had several other friends there too. It was this girls birthday this weekend and she was having a "party" at the bowling alley. T was invited. (yes, this by itself is a big deal)

He went out and shopped for her gift after asking her what she'd like to have. He bought her a giant chocolate bunny cuz she told him all she wanted was lots of chocolate. husband drove him to the party and I picked him up hours later when it was over.

It went off without a hitch. He came home happy and telling me all about it. lol

Silly how something so darn trivial can be such a major deal in a difficult child's life.
  2. Loris

Loris New Member

That's so neat! That is a memory in itself, that he was so excited. I love those times.
  3. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

Sometimes I think those rare wonderful moments mean more to the
    parents than to the difficult child. I'm thrilled that you, husband and difficult child were
    able to share such a happy experience. DDD
  4. kris

kris New Member

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #663366"> lisa, how terrific for him!!!

must have given you a good case of the warm~fuzzies.

</span> </span> </span>
  5. KFld

KFld New Member

Hmmm, maybe this will lead to more social events, now that he has a taste of it.
  6. KateM

KateM Member

I think that this -- the celebration of a seemingly "trivial" moment -- is one of the gifts of being a difficult child's parent. I'm happy for T and for you, too! Little things can really mean alot to us parents! :angel:
  7. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

Lisa, I'm so happy for T. This is just wonderful! :thumbsup:

8. Fran

Fran Former Site Owner

:bravo: I know how precious it is to see our son's doing what everyone else thinks as normal social activity. I hope they invite him often. It's wonderful to hear.
  9. HereWeGoAgain

HereWeGoAgain Grandpa

That's really great. Glad he was able to have a good time.
  10. Jen

Jen New Member

Oddly enough can still recall those feelings when all has went well, esp. when we are young.

11. SunnyFlorida

SunnyFlorida Active Member

:wink: What a great moment for both of you.
  12. rejectedmom

rejectedmom New Member

Your post brought tears to my eyes. That is all we want for our difficult child's some normal fun social experiences. We as parents get to enjoy this not nearly enough with our difficult child's. I am so happy for both you and your son! -RM