Bring some cheese

flutterby

Fly away!
to go with my whine.

It's been a rough week. This was supposed to be a restful week for me since difficult child was in MN. It's been anything but.

difficult child 2 went off the deep end starting Monday. Long story short, we spent Wednesday in the ER for a psychiatric evaluation. It was lots of fun with screaming and cursing and chair slinging...security pacing outside the door and popping in now and then. And me telling him that if he told me to F off or shut up one more time that I was out. That I am not his mother and am not legally responsible to be around. That I have bent over backwards trying to help him and would *not* be treated like that. And yet, they didn't admit him.

Health is always an issue, but I'm not living and breathing it anymore. It is what it is and when they figure it out, they figure it out. There's nothing else I can do about it.

But, then I fell out of the shower tonight. Took a hunk of meat out of my index finger, have a hand-sized bruise on my thigh, wrenched my right shoulder, have a nice bruise on my left shoulder blade and hit my head on the floor. No one was here and I laid on the bathroom floor wet and naked for 10 minutes trying to figure out how I was going to get up.

I'm not seriously injured, just hurt like hell. But it was just another slap in the face by my betraying body.

Then I'm talking to my friend of 6 years and the only depression medication that has ever worked for him (he's tried them all) is no longer working. I asked him if he had tried alternative therapies like acupuncture. Apparently, he thinks that kind of thing is "quackery" and he was getting hostile about. I was only trying to help and it was only a suggestion. I know he's struggling, but after the stuff with difficult child 2, my fall...was just feeling too emotionally fragile to deal with that.

difficult child should be home soon. I really hope she's in a good mood.

Thanks for listening.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Do you prefer gouda, swiss, maybe cheddar? I will gladly provide the cheese as you have every right to whine away. Sending good thoughts and extremely gentle air hugs (as I don't want to cause you more pain).

beth

goldenguru

Wow Heather - I say forget the cheese and just fill up the wine glass again.

Sorry you've had such a rough go of things. Pamper yourself a little bit today.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Forget the wine.........how about a good stiff drink instead? Sheesh What a week. OUCH on the fall. Glad you weren't injured worse than you were.

(((hugs))) *I hope difficult child is in a good mood when she returns too*

flutterby

Fly away!
Thank you, ladies.

Thank goodness for heated mattress pads. I think it's the only reason I could get out of bed today. After being up an hour, I started hurting and I laid back down. I spent all day in bed (and most of the night) with the heated mattress pad.

difficult child got home around 4am Sat morning. She was happy and was showing me everything she got. Then, like flipping a switch she became very upset. I know she was exhausted and being away from home for so long.... She was sobbing and telling me how she's afraid of absolutely everything and how she's stressed out and can't deal with stress. She finally got in bed around 5:30am and since she's afraid to go to sleep unless I'm still awake, and since it takes her a long time to go to sleep, I finally got in bed around 7:30am. She was much more calm today.

When I got up, I found potted flowers on my kitchen table with a note from difficult child 2's mom thanking me for everything I've done. I'm kind of embarrassed because I don't think I've done all that much. The note was really nice and the flowers are beautiful. I have to wait for them to open up before I can tell what they are; not very good at identifying plants/flowers. I couldn't get ahold of her today to thank her or to ask.

difficult child is now on Spring Break and I think the timing is good for her. The week after break the OAT (Ohio Achievement Test) starts. They've really been drilling them at school with the "OAT Blitz". That hasn't helped with her stress level. I'll be glad when it's back to 'normal' school.

Oh..and to top it all off....

Remember that accident easy child was in last year (a year ago this month)? The other driver backed out of a driveway on top of a blind hill and easy child couldn't stop. It went to arbitration and I thought it was all said and done. Now the other driver is suing my insurance company. Sigh....

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm so glad difficult child had a great time. Her following outburt/fall apart was most likely due to exhaustion. I hope she's able to have fun on spring break with the testing coming up after.

Most likely your insurance co will win the lawsuit. It wasn't easy child's fault if I remember correctly?? Either way.......now you know why you pay all that out in insurance. blah

Heated mattress pads, huh? Hmmm I wonder if mother in law would get burned on one if we got her one for xmas? Sounds like it would be nice for her arthritis.

Nice of difficult child 2's Mom to give you flowers and say thanks. You've done more than you think.......and when you're a Mom and your kid has had the good fortune to find/listen another Mom when he won't listen to you........that's invaluable.

Hugs

flutterby

Fly away!
Lisa,

This mattress pad doesn't feel hot to the touch and is completely silent. There is no way she could get burned by it.

It's more expensive on Amazon.

You can't feel the coils and it automatically shuts off after 10 hours.

K

Kjs

I am sorry you had such a rough week. And it is really scary to hear that you fell and were all alone. You need to have a phone near you when you walk around alone. I carry mine always.

I know what you mean when you said you laid there for ten minutes...This past winter when I fell in our driveway, it was dark, late and I know I said "ouch", but not loudly. I hit my head, shoulder, elbow, hip...etc.. And difficult child heard that little "ouch". He kept asking if I hit my head and I laid there not moving wondering HOW I was going to get up. LOL, kids just pop right up when they fall, not me.

Glad to hear you feel better and difficult child had a good trip.

Hope things continue to get better for you.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I'm sensing a new club - The Fallout Chicks. I seriously could be the president . I am finally bruise free from my fall 6 weeks ago going UP the stairs. Most people fall down stairs...not me. Still have a big old knot in my femur area, but it's slowly getting better. When you're alone it's pretty scary. And why, why, WHY do people put banisters on the LEFT side of the staircase? Only 10% of the population is left-handed! Why not both sides of the staircase? I digress.

I hope you're having a better day.

Abbey