Brisket Recipe??

susiestar

Roll With It
Does anyone have a really good beef brisket recipe? I was at the grocery store and the meat guy was marking down the meat. The trimmed brisket looked really good so I got one. But I have never had good luck cooking them, so I thought I owuld ask you ladies for some help. It will problem be tomorrow when I cook it - they also had some steaks on sale so that will be for tonight. I got to talking with Randall (the meat guy) and he marked my stuff down a few bucks more (per package!). So I ended up with steak at 99 cents a pound and brisket for less than that!!! (I think I owe him some muffins, don't you?)

Thanks in advance!

DammitJanet

If it is regular beef brisket and not corned...well...just cook it forever. If you have a pressure cooker they do a really good job on a beef brisket.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Dang I thought you said BISCUIT recipe.

-And just what are you doing with discounted briskettes girl? I can hear it now -

Hi Susie -
Hello
What are YOU doing?
I'm buying a briskett!
??
You know hunk of meat that takes forever to cook.
??
BRISKITT rhymes with Triscuit
FUGHADDABOUDIT.

Leme look and see what I have -

I NEED the recipe for the carmel Java Chillers from Sonic.

Star*

call 911........call 911
INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
  • 3 pounds beef brisket
  • 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
  • 1 3/4 fluid ounces liquid smoke flavoring
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • Remember to Invite Star to dinner - no..hates meat....never mind. Make Oreo pie and invite her for pie and coffee. yes!

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
  2. Coat the inside of an oven roasting bag with flour. Place brisket inside of bag. Pour liquid smoke over the brisket and sprinkle on garlic powder, dry onion soup mix, and ground black pepper. Seal bag. Using a fork, make two sets of holes in the top of the roasting bag.
  3. Lay bag in a broiling pan. Bake in a preheated oven for 6 to 8 hours.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I do the same thing as Star. This stuff can cook FOREVER and come out tender. I'm a crock pot girl so it works well in there. Just have to cook it all day long. Not much of a grilling fan with that type of meat. In fact, I'm not a meat eater so making it yummie is a chore on my level.

Abbey

smallworld

Here's my recipe for brisket:

Up to 4 lbs brisket
2 onions sliced
1 package onion soup mix
2 bottles chili sauce
1 cup sweet red wine

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Trim the brisket of fat. Put in large oven-proof casserole dish that can be covered. Slice onions and sprinkle over brisket. Then sprinkle onion soup mix over the meat. Spread chili sauce evenly over the onions and soup mix. Pour in wine.

Bake for about 4 hours unitl meat pulls apart easily with a fork. Cut against the grain in slices to serve.

Bon appetit!

KTMom91

I just drop it in the crock pot, quarter an onion, chop some carrots and celery, season salt and seasoned pepper, several cloves of garlic (crushed), toss it all in, and let it cook.