Broke my Mom out of the nursing home for a day!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I drove down to PA on Friday night and on Saturday, easy child and I broke my mom out of the nursing home for the day! We had such a nice time! We went out for lunch at Ruby Tuesdays and then back to my sister's house for a bit. Then I took Mom out for a new hairdo, which she absolutely loved! And then we had a nice grill at my sister's before returning Mom back to the home for the night, where she flirted shamelessly with one of the men there! Before we brought her back, we were telling Mom how lovely her hair looked. She desperately asked for some lipstick because she wanted to look pretty for her boyfriend, Emerson - lol.

She ended up having ice cream with this other man named Morris (which in turn started a mini-riot among the residents who overheard their request and before we knew it, they were all asking for ice cream, lol).

While they were waiting for the CNA to bring their ice cream over, my sister and I felt like chaperones chatting with Morris and watching my mom in action. Holy cow! My mom is a hussy. My sister suggested that to Morris that my Mom teach him how to play cards and my mom said, "Oh, I could teach you a lot of things..." with a knowing smile and wink. I think poor Morris nearly fell out of his chair. He said, "Oh, ho ho ho, well, now...", lol. Then she was singing a song about his blue eyes and he said, "Okay, that's enough of that..." all the while beaming at my Mom. OMG easy child was dying! LOL. The nurse who was standing there smiled and said that by law if a couple asks, the nurses have to provide them with a private room for at least an hour! My sister and I just laughed, because really, why would we stop them?

So, my mom is a two-timing hussy! Poor Morris and Emerson, they have no idea what they're in for!

I am so glad I was able to go visit my Mom!

M

ML

I'm really glad you were able to spend such a great day with mom. I want to be just like your mom when I get that old!

What a great story -- it brought me cheer.

You're generous to your mom. I love generosity in a person.

Plus -- it's so much fun to be generous to someone other than our spouses, partners or difficult child's.

DammitJanet

Oh that brings back memories of my grandmother...lol. She shamelessly flirted with any man she saw when she got older!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Oh that brings back memories of my grandmother...lol. She shamelessly flirted with any man she saw when she got older!

Maybe your grandmother was making up for lost time! My mother has always been a flirt. However, my dad was the love of her life. Sadly, she doesn't really remember her 10 marriage to her second husband, who was a very kind man and loved my mom very much. We lost him about 6 years ago.

TerryJ2

LOL! She certainly had a good day!

I remember when one of my grandmothers was in a nursing home, and one of the men bought her chocolates. She offered another man some of the chocolates, the first one took offense, and they started fighting with-their canes! Sheesh.

I think she left both the men and ate the chocolates by herself. Good choice ... ;)