Brrrrr

dreamer

it's cold out there! LOL. And we might get more snow today!
I was at nurseries over the weekend, looking at flowers, got a few.....
Was wondering what everyone elses favorite flowers are?
I like impatiens around my trees, and my kids love petunias and pansies. I LOVE daisies and sunflowers, but the critters always manage to get those on me. I also really like miniature roses, in cotton candy pink. I can hardly wait for the snow and freezing temps to be done!
And I do NOT have a green thumb for veggies, so I am trying to decide just what I am gonna do this year veg wise in my garden.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Bearded iris are my personal favs :) Something about nurturing a bulb/rhizome all year for that one big display -- I'm very protective of mine and shoo the kids away if they get too close when it's close to bloom time. It's one of the few flowers the bunnies don't eat -- just have to be on the lookout for slugs or snals :(

dreamer

I have a couple of those, in purple shades. They were here when we moved in, so many many years ago. You're right, they sure are pretty! They share a bed with my peonies. :)

KTMom91

My absolute favorite is what I call my "violet tree". I think it's some kind of potato bush. My Nana had the MOST beautiful backyard, with a huge sycamore in the middle and roses and I don't even know what all back there, but it was a wonderful place to play. She had one of these "violet trees", and when I saw one at Target, I grabbed it, planted it, and I love it.

mom_in_training

OMG!!!! I wish it were cooler here where I am, Its been almost 100 degrees for the past three days. Yikes!!!!!! The heats gonna kill off all of the pretty flowers and plants. Geeze it was supposed to be a lil cooler today but ummmm feels about the same.

trinityroyal

I have trouble deciding.

I love impatients and geraniums. The blossoms on my apple tree are deep rose at the centre, changing gradually to white at the tips of the petals. So very beautiful...it's a shame they only last a minute.

I think my all time favourites though are roses. Or maybe tulips. African violets? Azaleas? Hydrangea?

Shucks. I can't decide. I like them all.