bucket list........

Jena

hi

yes it's another one of my stupid posts. so bare with-it. :)

i have a bucket list, do you have a bucket list. not for our difficult child's OURS's the parents. what do you wanna do?? it can be anything at all.

me.........

i wanna learn how to fly a plane.

i want to travel to italy and live there for a year and eat alot of pasta and drink alot of wine and let the hair on my legs grow in

i want to own a horse :)

when i am older and retired (yup im unemployed) i guess from gfgkingdom i wanna have a small little cottage with husband on the beach or in the woods. we're picking woods/beach dunno. where i can garden, and do what i want when i want to all the time and paint

i want to paint one really great picture

i want to go spend a weekend at a meditation retreat

oh and i wanna go salsa dancing at a club in the city

next.............

klmno

I'd love to live on an island that isn't completely run over with tourists all year long and own a small shop and have trusted employees so my time there was only part-time- - leaving me time to putz around, have hobbies, travel, and fall asleep with a good book in my hand on a daily basis. :) But I can't detach just yet from my strong desire that difficult child won't be incarcerated.

Jena

klmno (((hugs))) oh this is all about you, your future. it's a totally selfish post. so write whatever you want in it, falling asleep with book in hand, bottle in hand whatever you want. that's the point :)

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Only have three things - wanna go bungie jumping, go for a ride in a hot air balloon and have my ta ta's done :)

Marcie

klmno

Oh, my Marcie! You are an adventurous person!!

I forgot to mention in mine that I want the "money" along with the "time"! Also, I want two easy child grandbabies that have two stable parents at their OWN home but who visit me sometimes. :)

tap dance -- think Gregory Hines (RIP, miss you Gregory), Savion Glover, Fred and Ginger
have a cottage on a lake and woods, in a spacious area, no swimmer's itch ever
go to Hawaii, snorkeling included
go to Lithuania (I'm Lithuanian from both parents' sides)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
This is one list I've taken seriously for good reason.

1. Go to nursing school and graduate. Done

2. Go to Disney World (although with changes there this is beginning to wavor a bit)

3.Work as a nurse at a clinic on an Indian reservation

4. Go to Montana (my gawd that's a beautiful state)

5. Get my degree in American Sign Language

svengandhi

I want to live someplace where there's never any snow and there is a decent public transportation system (living in Manhattan for so many years spoiled me - I really hate driving).

I want to be a redhead, at least for a couple of weeks.

Go back to Ireland and travel around for a month.

Do the same in Italy.

Hound dog - My daughter took a compressed 2 semesters in ASL this past summer and loved it. She is thinking of getting certified as an additional help in her degree (Sped to an eye to working with autistic kids). Good luck to you in your goal.

DammitJanet

My Bucket List is getting shorter than it used to be because of limitations.

1. I want to take the grands to see the fireworks over the Hudson

2. I want to take the Grands to Disney

3. I want to live to see the Grands grow up and graduate HS.

4. I want to get a smaller house that I can easily take care of and only has Tony and I in it. Maybe a grand or two for a week or two!

5. I want to get a bigger car so I am more comfortable riding in it and I can hook up a hoveround on the back.

6. I want a Kindle so I can download lots of books to read.

7. I want to be the Grandmother I never had so that when I am gone, my grands will know that I loved them dearly.

KTMom91

1. Visit all 50 states.

2. Travel to Ireland, Scotland, Italy, and Australia, for starters.

3. Own a nice little cabin in the Sierras with a huge porch where I can relax and read all summer long, when it gets too hot here in the Valley.

4. Get a cute little red two-seater sports car that's faster than a speeding ticket.

Mom2oddson

On the totally selfish unrealistic side....

I want a quiet tropical island with a hammock on the beach. With servants who know my every need before I know them. With nothing to do but rest and heal for however long it takes for me to be me again. So that I'm mentally, physically and emotionally strong again. So that I can find ME again. Then, once I'm well....

I want to find a job that I love to go to every day.

I want to travel the world and see everything!! I want to get on the motorcycle with husband and do Route 66. I want to drive every part of the US that we can. Then I want to travel to Ireland and Scotland and then to Italy. I want to follow my Aunts footsteps. She started traveling at 60 and has been to all 7 continents. She's on her way to Egypt and Jordan right now. She just got back from Alaska last month.

I want to have a peaceful place to read and access to every book possible.

I'd love to find a way to read the journels of people who crossed the US by wagon train.

I want time to work on crafts.

And I want unlimited time to play/walk/cuddle my furbabies. And room to open my house and heart to any furbaby that needs a home.

everywoman

I want to:
Go skydiving, bungii jumping, and rock climbing.
I want to travel to Europe and backpack/travel from country to country.
I want to ride a horse in the Grand Canyon.
I want to travel across the country and eat the food that each state is most famous for: ie, Maryland Crab Cakes.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I really want to be able to go to sleep at 10PM and sleep until 8:30AM uninterrupted and without anyone else in the room that is set with the perfect temp and air flow with a white noise machine. That is my number one thing today.

I want to finish the upstairs addition (especially if easy child moves back home) and create the perfect bedroom.
I want to work part time so I have more time to myself not rushing around.
I want a screen house built around my pool so we have a longer swim season.

I would like to visit: Santa Fe for a few days; travel throughout Italy for at least 2 weeks - I want to see Sardenia in particular; travel to Hawaii and visit all the islands.

I would like to fence in a portion of our yard so the dogs can run free!

And at some point, I want to own a beach house - far enough from crowds, but close enough that H and I can walk down there all the time. A place where I can have my own room, putter in the gardens and grow beach plums, with a nice covered porch so I can sit outside wto watch the rains.

M

Mamaof5

Mine:

1. For people with one kid or two to not patronize me and say "I know how you feel". No you don't, you have one or two kids...I have 5 and 4 out of 5 are special needs kids (physical and/or mental health)

2. Live to see the day when autistic children get treated like normal people in society - school, public, privately, family, friends...etc

3. To live in peace without neighbors driving me batshiote crazy, creating drama and trying to drag me into their drama...no more cops in the complex please...

4. To own my own home again without having to worry about foreclosure

5. For my business to thrive a little more than it has (stupid HST tax grab **** from the fed gov)

6. People to stop treating my husband and I like a personal ATM - honestly why does everyone know in this complex when we get paid again?

7. To be debt free, financially, emotionally (has to do with my absentee father), mentally (my own clinical depression issues), physically (my lack of health) and spiritually.

8. Achieve my ultimate goals - a published horror genre writer.

tawnya

I would really like to travel out "West" again. Only this time without the kids, only husband and me. We went on a big trip in 1999, to South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, etc. Someone said they wanted to live in Montana, but I could go for Wyoming, too. You don't understand what they mean about "big sky country" until you see it for yourself.

I would, love, love, love to go see Italy, too.

I would like to grow old and see a few grandchildren. (Not yet, though!)

I would like to finally be successful in my business instead of just scraping by.

I would love to pay off my house, even as small as it is, it is home.

I would like to be acknowledged for everything that I do for everybody everyday, just a simple thank you.

I would like to be the person that my dogs think I am. :)

svengandhi

Janet -

I had to laugh. I've lived in and around NYC my entire life and have never seen the fireworks over the Hudson in person. I saw them over the East River in 1986 and it wasn't worth the agita. I've also never been to the Macy's Day Parade, the new Yankee Stadium (was to the old one once and I lived in the Bronx) or Citifield and only go to the Empire State Building because there's a scout shop there.

I hope you get your wish though.

DammitJanet

svend...my list used to include the NYE dropping of the ball but I know I could never handle that anymore. I had my chance one time the year we went from 99 to 2000. We went up from here to my family in Boston and were going to head back here the morning of NY eve but everyone had been feeling a bit sick and we didnt think we could take standing up that long. We were going to park in Jersey and train in to Grand Central. I really wish we had. The only thing I really am glad of though is that on that trip we were able to see the twin towers from the highway. My boys will never forget that.