Buddy...watch parenthood...Its for you tonite...really really!

DammitJanet

No, its a show on Tue night on NBS. About a family with adult kids with their own kids and they all live close to the grand parents and one of the grandkids has aspergers
. Oh go turn it on....lol

buddy

Really.

Everyone should watch this show on here. Very good difficult child show.

I SWEAR they peek in my windows sometimes! I know that is where they get some of the stories...And by the way, just tonight we went thru the I'm not apologizing thing outside at a neighbors!

buddy

You can watch it ON DEMAND too , also hulu and netflix (maybe netflix might not be there now). Several stories from our real life...

Max and difficult child could have lunch together this week!

DammitJanet

I couldnt believe it when this one was about the fact that max had lunch detention for a week and had to write a note!

buddy

yup, and even better when he didn't understand the unwritten rules about eating at lunch tables in the first place. He thought young cousin had to sit with him forever, difficult child gets in trouble because he doesn't get that you dont break into lunch groups.
The one with the amusement park was best...max and difficult child had the same reaction...WHAT? upset the routine...would rather go to school than upset the routine and go to an amusement park!

DammitJanet

That was an excellent show. I loved how his older cousin worked with him to come up with the note and how to do the inflection in his voice with candy. What a loving family. I know its TV but its a great way to get the message out there. And in this show they show aspergers, single parenting with an alcoholic parent, a mixed race couple who have to deal with some family issues, all kinds of things. I really enjoy the show.

H

HaoZi

There's too many good shows in that timeslot. I had my major "AHA!" moment in the first season watching Max. He still acts better than most difficult children I think, but it's still nice to see it out there where easy child parents get an inkling of an idea of what we deal with, and that it's not about "putting the hammer down" on their behavior and that even with everyone doing their best gfgdom happens.

buddy

There's too many good shows in that timeslot. I had my major "AHA!" moment in the first season watching Max. He still acts better than most difficult children I think, but it's still nice to see it out there where easy child parents get an inkling of an idea of what we deal with, and that it's not about "putting the hammer down" on their behavior and that even with everyone doing their best gfgdom happens.

I was worried when it started they would find out he had Asperger's then when they got their in home "behavior aide" (who is gone now because young bro. slept with her) that a few stickers later he would be a "normal" kid. but that has never happened. I agree he doesn't really act as challenging as most of us deal with, but the worry of the parents, the splits in the family over not believing (grandad at first just didn't get it at all). If any of you watched from last year, one high interest is bugs/insects and he goes on and on and so that was the theme of his birthday party and the bug man came who himself was an Aspie. Took a while for the famillly to catch on, I thought that was strange because we get radar pretty early on.

they had to make some realistic decisions, gen ed. school vs. special needs school etc. Now he just moved back to mainstream so will be an interesting year. Even the issue with the younger cousin...my neices and nephews love difficult child but they go in and out of being patient with his hurtful behaviors. Especially the little girls love to tell on him.

There are episodes online and On Demand has episodes too if anyone is interested

P

PatriotsGirl

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this show!!! I cannot say enough how much I love this show!!!!! :D