Burrito...

K

Kjs

would she eat veggie burritos, chicken, steak burritos?

And...it may be morning, but it is my evening. Burrittos sound SO good.
You must share some recipes. Do you have one for home made beans?

meowbunny

I was one of those kids who could eat the same thing day after day after day. Truth be told, I still can. Doesn't bother me in the least. And I wasn't as nice about it as your daughter -- I didn't want variety in my food. My spaghetti had to have the same ingredients every time, no additives allowed, etc. As was suggested, my mom would just make huge batches of whatever my food craze of the month was (by the way -- the "month" was known to drag out up to a full year for the spaghetti phase). She would try, Dad would insist that I eat something else. Wasn't. going. to. happen. Even had the dreaded you'll sit there until you eat that! Guess who was still there the next morning? I truly believe this is not a winning battle for kids like yours or Beaner or me -- we will refuse to eat other things, so good luck!

K

Kjs

When I grew up you ate what ever the meal was. If not, you didn't eat. Nobody got special meals. My dad bought ONE case of soda a year. At Christmas, and he locked it up in his office. We never had chips or candy or twinkies. No store bought cookies.

I promised myself when I grew up I was having chips and soda and candy. Maybe that is why I crave all that.

Meals at my house-I cook, they eat. If I don't cook, help yourself.

Abbey

Spork Queen
When I grew up you ate what ever the meal was. If not, you didn't eat. Nobody got special meals. My dad bought ONE case of soda a year. At Christmas, and he locked it up in his office. We never had chips or candy or twinkies. No store bought cookies.

I promised myself when I grew up I was having chips and soda and candy. Maybe that is why I crave all that.

Meals at my house-I cook, they eat. If I don't cook, help yourself.

That's pretty much how I grew up. I think the one thing I learned after raising my own kids is to #1...stick to that rule. #2...if they don't want that,, then don't eat.

With my first, I forced him to eat. Stupid first parent. I remember him at 3 years old sitting at the table for hours before I'd let him down until he ate. Now...fine, don't eat. See you next meal. I'll bet you'll be hungry then.

Abbey

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Last night we had homemade PIZZA!!! With fresh mushrooms... but of course the morning had to be Porridge... which is OK because I made a huge pot.
I have the one bite rule in the house, if you taste it and you really don't like it fine. You can get something else. Or if I am in the mood I will make the burrito!!!
I grew up with adopted Dad, who was the one that wouldn't let you leave the table... he also made me smoke a pack of smokes at 5 and then again at 13... also drink a bottle of vodka at 13, because he "caught" me drinking and smoking... he didn't like my comment about him joining me with his drugs at the table!!! He kicked me out soon after that!!! LOL

susiestar

Roll With It
I do homemade refrieds, for whoever asked for a recipe. A can of pinto or black beans (1 of each if we are making a lot), season with chopped onion (chopped fine), garlic powder, salt to taste, cumin, ground ancho chiles or hot pepper flakes (ancho if Jess or I am eating them, hot pepper flakes for husband and thank you if we are not). Sometimes if they seem too thick I will add a little juice from the big jar of jalepenos we keep in the fridge.

MMM.. Now I want 7 layer bean dip. MMMMMM.

You can also mash up garbanzo beans and add seasonings to make hummus. Very affordable hummus.

Susie