But I didn't hit her, mom

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Rec'd a call from wm, then from school, then from sheriff's office.

There was an altercation between wm & a peer (who happens to be a girl). She attacked wm with-o any apparent provocation.

Saying that, wm is suspended for one day, not because he retaliated physically but because of his aggressive, threatening manner & the phrases he used. Suffice it to say, the police took it seriously.

The boy cannot keep his mouth quiet. The young lady was suspended for 2 weeks; wm one day.

"But I didn't hit her mom." What do you say to that? I'm very proud you weren't violent but verbally aggressive & threatening?

I just pray that one day he gets it. I really am proud he didn't hurt anyone physically - it's a step in the right direction.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Linda,
Good for wm for not using any physical attack! Too bad about the other stuff which, of course, isn't o.k. but still this seems huge for wm. I too hope one day wm will "get" it and I add my difficult child into that as well! Hugs.

slsh

member since 1999
Linda - in my humble opinion, this is absolutely phenomenal progress for Wm. Yes, in the "real" world, his verbal spewage is unacceptable. But in the world of Wm? It's self-control. It's all so very relative with our kids. I'm really kinda sorry that they felt they had to suspend him. I would guess, in his shoes, he feels like he's being punished for making a better (not great but *much* better) choice. Baby steps - but this one feels pretty darn huge for old Wm.

on the other hand, maybe I've just been so warped by the physical violence that verbal violence is still Basket Z for me. So... consider the source of this opinion. ;)

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Sue, Sharon I agree this is huge for wm. AND I know baby steps ....

AND I am proud - yet disheartened because he's 15; so much to learn before he turns 18.

I love my dimple cheeked son - he makes me crazy at the same time.

Thanks ladies.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
That IS a huge accomplishment and took a lot of self control. The mouth is probably the LAST area to be managed when emotions are high, as evidenced by the millions of NT adults who can't keep theirs shut. :tongue:

I'd be very proud of him, too. And clearly the school saw the difference in the way they doled out the consequences. If nothing else, his one day is a well-deserved break so he can regroup and refocus after the incident.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Just rec'd a call from wm ~ "I've got the blues, mom".

Apparently he cannot call his girlfriend because she lives in the same group home that the young lady who attacked wm does.

"Son, it's 2 days until school & you can see girlfriend again."

A girlfriend! wm & a girlfriend! Who is this kid?