But I don't wanna be his guardian.....

Marg's Man

I just thought - could you set up something like we had with difficult child 1 (and still do with difficult child 3)?

You and wm open a joint both-parties-to-sign account where most of his money goes. His disability goes in wherever and is immediately transferred by a bank autopayment (or whatever they actually call it) before he gets a crack at it. If he wants money from this account he needs your signature as well as his to get at it which he has to "play nice".

This will require his co-operation to set up he account because it is legally his money but it just MIGHT help him learn to handle it because the working account will never have more than peanuts in it.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Thank you, Marg's Man ~ I'm not sure what the next step will be. Likely I will let wm's guardian ad litem take this one on. With wm's hx of this & that I'm not willing/able to do the bank account until he reaches an emotional maturity of at least 14. He's more of a 6 or 7 year old at this point & aggressive/abusive in so many ways.

I'm printing this thread out to show GAL at our next staffing.