But I don't WANT to go back to reality!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Sigh. We came home today from our vacation. I don't know WHY husband insisted we come back....it was nice to be in our own little world.

But anyhoo.....we went to Chitown for a few days and had a ball! This is the first vacation husband and I have taken together (other than weekend trips) since 1996! We stayed at a hotel on the Magnificent Mile and did a LOT of walking. Some of the shops in the area....wow. I walked into Tiffany's to look around .......guess we looked like tourists because the security guy asked if we needed directions. LOL

There are bus/trolley tours you can do also so we took one of those. It was nice because you could get off at any stop and then pick up another of the buses/trolley's anytime as long as it was before the last stop of the day. We used it more as transportation and went to the Art Institute and the Field museum. We also went to the Navy Pier which seemed like it was 10 miles long when we got to the end! LOL I had no idea that the painting American Gothic was in Chicago until we happened across it at the Art Institute so that was pretty cool. husband was happy at the Field museum when we found the Egyptian exhibit. We also found lions that we had wanted to see. IF you have ever seen the movie, The Ghost and The Darkness, the Field museum has the actual lions from the movie.

We really had a wonderful time and I hope to get the pictures up this weekend.

T

TeDo

I know, once you have the taste of "heaven" it really does hoover to have to come back to Earth. Glad you both had a great time and got to do some things you haven't been able to do.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Sounds wonderful. What a great way to reconnect with husband. Home you brought home a lot of great memories

Star*

call 911........call 911
You and Unkly so deserved that. I'm glad you had a great time.......and I'm glad that you .....sent me a little (can't say that here) but it was wild. Thank you! I needed that too!