But I have an extra HOUR

Star*

call 911........call 911
and then.....

After getting up and down, fidgiting with all the dang digital :censored2: in the house, wrist watches, stupid car thingy that requires a Ph.d from MIT to figure out and the chime - sleeping in for what I thought was really REALLY 8:00 but isn't and mostly watching the expression on husband's face when I said

"Leave me alone will ya? I'm turning all the clocks back 1 hour today because I didn't do it last night." he grabbed the tv remote and said - well Direct TV didn't get the same memo. (Steam blows out of my ears and blood shoots out of my eyes because you and I ALL know that daylight savings is today the last Saturday in October - and I got on my computer and thought....well the clock here has to be changed too something I'm sure to do with Y2K etc. etc.

And then I google it and find out that GW Bush CHANGED it this year to the 4th of November. AS IF. Doesn't he have a country to run or something noble; moreso than screwing up my sleep habits? ARGH.

So today is NOT daylight savings time. I thought it was odd no one on the board posted it, but figured we are all having sucha time lately maybe I was the only one (only you star) who remembered. HAHAHA.....that is funnier than all of it together.

-Im the only one here who remembered. hahaha....still laughing.

Ahhhhhhh I'm entertaining if nothing else. And my house will just be ready.

Hugs
What a time of it I've had....hahah Time get it? Snort.
Star

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Hey Star! I knew about the 4th of November date, but didn't realize it was GW who decided that....He shoulda told Bill Gates, cuz my computer didn't know it, either, and thinks it's an hour earlier right now.

Ha. I can mess with my computer now, make it late for meetings, oversleep, etc..........

Peace

skeeter

my stupid clock in my bedroom automatically set itself this morning - and I knew it wasn't today. I just didn't think that the clock hadn't gotten the memo. Luckily I looked at the computer clock or I would have been messed up all day!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Star

I knew the time changes had been messed up. I recall from the spring. (boy was I ticked) I did just as you did today. :slap: Only to have easy child inform me they had changed it all. grrrrrr

I just didn't know when we were doing it this fall. Nov 4, huh? Well, I'll do my best to remember. But when you've been raised with it being a certain way.....I mean c'mon!

How bout we just admit Daylight savings isn't worth a hoot and chuck it completely?? :fan:

F

flutterbee

I was so confused last night when my cable box read 2:08, but my computer clock read 1:08. I *knew* I had looked at my computer clock earlier and it had read 1:29. I looked at my cable box then looked at my computer clock. Then looked at my cable box, then looked at my computer clock.

Took me a few minutes to figure it out. :rofl:

The reason for this was so that the trick or treaters had a little more daylight on Halloween to go begging for candy.

Only applies if you actually trick or treat on halloween, though.

And I think we are switching back to standard time, FROM daylight savings time. I think.

So yeah. This way the kids in their costumes have the sun till 4, instead of only, say, 3PM.

TerryJ2

:rofl: :geek:

We were just talking about that at the dinner table tonight. Apparently Microsoft computers will all have the wrong time all wk because they're present.
Oh well ...

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
You see, I don't have these kind of problems as I absolutely REFUSE to be messing with clocks, add an hour here, subtract an hour there. Like anyone can control time passing..how arrogant is that

It makes SO crazy that few clocks we have aren't right (they are half the time). I tell him what difference does it make, I am always running late regardless LOL

Marcie

Kathy813

Staff member
I guess this is one time that it is good to be clueless. I never know which weekend we are supposed to change the clock so I wait until I read it in the newspaper or see it on the television news.

My computer clock stills says the right time.

~Kathy

Marguerite

We've got the opposite problem down here - we changed to Daylight Saving on Sunday, which meant our 8 am departure for the train tracks was really 7 am.

And of course, this morning... oh joy, oh rapture. Not! husband has got out of the habit of waking the kids, since easy child 2/difficult child 2 snarled at him a few times for waking them on their day off. BF2 had told me last night that he would get a lift with husband, but husband was already asleep and because my body is still adjusting, I didn't see him to tell him until he came to wake me to kiss me goodbye this morning.
"Well, they're not up yet - and I can't wait for them," husband told me.
He did wake the kids as he left. Turns out that easy child 2/difficult child 2 re-set all the clocks she had, but the one important one - her mobile phone. it's new. her old phone updated automatically, it took the time from the network.

Blast - I was going out anyway, difficult child 3 had an appointment and I had to get a squeeze-in appointment with the nurse at the clinic too, so I was getting ready to drive BF2 to work.
Turned out easy child 2/difficult child 2 would be able to drive him there, but it was a morning for everything going wrong. She had been planning to get a few necessary bits of paper printed for her work and now had no time. Then she went out the front of our place to load up the car, to find some ratbag kids wandering the streets had stolen her P plates (illegal for her to drive without any). She had to just drive off and take a chance.
husband is going to put the plate holders from his car onto hers - that way easy child 2/difficult child 2 can take her P plates off at the end of each day and lock them inside the car.

So even though we were organised, we got caught by Daylight Saving coming in.
And in the drive to the eye doctor - I found that in all the rush and confusion (and major change in routine) difficult child 3 had not taken his medications. And he needed them on board for the tests, so we lost half an hour turning around and going back home.

Not happy. I'm tired, hot, sweaty (heatwave today) and have a sore a*se because the clinic sister pumped 6 ml of antibiotic into it with a hollow crowbar. I think she was trying to beat the clock and get me out the door before lunch. And if I'm really lucky, I'll need another one in a few days' time.

I really HATE the first working day of Summer Time!

Marg

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Star,

Like you ..... I WANT MY HOUR BACK NOW! Okay, got that out of my system.

Though I've been waiting for the hour I lost all summer long - this summer more than others.

I hope you survive.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Jeepers NOW I am really confused -

I forgot Australia is going into Summer when we are going into Fall. So when I read Marg's post I sat here and thought..OH HA See...and then I get into work this morning and my 2007 year calendar says DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME.

So we're all set....November 4th right?

I wish they would do away with this.

meowbunny

I'm another one for waiting until the newspaper tells me to change it. So far, my puter hasn't tried to change the time, which is truly appreciated.

jamrobmic

Remember to set your clocks back an hour tonight (except for Star, our resident overachiever, who is already ahead of the rest of us :rofl: ).

susiestar

Roll With It
I absolutely REFUSE to change the clocks for any reason. IF thye go through the change, they must do it on their own!!'

GW BUSH has no right to mess with MY TIME!! OF course, I refused to change times before so what does it matter now? (Smart aleck husband, asking questions all the time!)

Geez. Maybe if I can find that mechanical hand I will send the finger to whoever decided we need to change times anyway!!

Susie