CA unclaimed property site

KTMom91

OK, I'll admit it...I have been absolutely useless today. I heard about the unclaimed property site, started running names, came up with property of my grandfather's, and he died in 1968. That got me going, and I've been running friends, family, coworkers...whatever, and have found several people I know. It's been a lot of fun telling them they might have some money coming. The best one was my best friend's hubby...he freaked when I told him his address from 1990! Then I noticed that other states have these sites, too. SO...now I'm all over the map, checking Idaho for my dad's name, Washington for a friend, Arizona, Nebraska, Illinois...it's 2:30 in the afternoon and I've gotten up only to get food and go potty.

For those of you interested in CA, the address is scoweb.sco.ca.gov

I've got to get off this computer.

4sumrzn

Ohhh....wish I would have known earlier! I've been pretty useless myself today.....no power this morning....dish network dude here to fix things for 3 hours....kids came home....it flew by, dinner time & I'm still in my jammies. WOW! I guess I finally got my lazy day I've been dreaming of, but would have loved to find $$$ out there somewhere. Thanks for the info. But.....didn't find any for you??????

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Yes, I learned about that site a couple of years ago -- it turned out husband had some money coming back to him from an insurance company -- not a fortune, but every dollar adds up!

Believe me, you're not the only one who's had days like this where you simply cannot get out of the computer chair ;)

mstang67chic

Going Green
My friend did that for her dad's name here in Indiana. The only thing is, her dad died 9 years ago and the money is from where they lived in 1970something. She needs proof of residency for that time period and we can't figure out how to do it. Any ideas?

susiestar

Roll With It
Man, all my relatives were WAYYYY too stingy to let money sit unclaimed ANYWHERE! I ran our relatives and some good friends names a few years ago. the friends ended up claiming a very substantial sum. I learned that my family was made of tightwads and good accoutants - money was NEVER lost, anywhere!! LOL!!!

i guess that is one thing they passed down - always know where all your $$ is!

Glad you found some money. Not sure how to help with the residency, unless they got married or something then. Then the marriage/divorce/birth decrees would have the residency info. Or check back property tax rolls.

KTMom91

I have an Ancestry.com membership, and was able to pull up verification of my grandparents address both before and after the city renumbered the houses. PM me if you want me to do a search for you.