California school has lost its mind

shellyd67

I think I have heard it all now ! Geeze my poor difficult child would want to quit school if this happened in our state. This plan ole stinks !

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Oh, how nice. Discrimination based on test performance?!

I used to do horribly on tests. Yet, I was in the "fun" class for advanced students. So...

I wouldn't mind color coded based on... Whether or not you have a prepaid lunch account! Jeesh.

InsaneCdn

I wouldn't mind color coded based on... Whether or not you have a prepaid lunch account! Jeesh.
Or they could color code based on volunteer hours, kindness, exemplary citizen stuff... sure. Because you can be very limited in capacity and have a heart of gold, and do very well as a "citizen" even if you can't do well in school. And you can do well in school and be a total loser in life... so sure, why not flag THAT trend???

but school performance?????

keista

OMW!

It reminds me of a school exercise they did in the middle school which had off put me a bit, but was just fine for son, but I did only get all the info after the fact and my thoughts went out to the struggling kids. It was a week long "real life" experience. The kids were paid based on their grades. Logic being the better your grades, the more money you will make in the future (boy if I had to do that I would have ended up completely delusional) They had to take this money and find a place to live, buy a car, and set monthly budgets. Good exercise, just the cash delivery thing seemed a bit short sighted.