California was wonderful!! Pics link...

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
It was so relaxing and kick back. We had such fun exploring and all was quiet on the home front up until day 5 (guess that's their limit?)...but when the calls started coming, I didn't take them if there was any complaining!

So my friend and I, and her sister and niece, explored all sorts of fabulous places. We walked in Muir woods and hit up Muir beach and Stinson Beach, as well as the Golden Gate National Park, and we went to Tiburon and Larkspur and St Helena, and we hit up a winery in Napa and had dinner in Sonoma, and I was able to visit my sister in law a couple of times as well. We also hit up San Francisco for a day - a very long day (my legs hurt from all the walking, but it was a good sort of pain). And Bolinas Beach and other places I can't even remember. Here is a link to my photobucket page with some pics if you want to take a peek.

http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h285/sugarjo/

I didn't want to leave - wish I could have stayed a month! But it's nice to be home again, I am so tired; been up for almost 35 hours and I have to work tomorrow! I need a nap, but first I had to clean my house (no one cleans it like I do and I can't rest till things are back to normal).

mom_to_3

Glad you had fun and had that chance to get away! Your pictures brought back a lot of fond memories for me. My husband and I lived in San Jose, CA pre children. We spent a lot of time in San Francisco, San Luis Obispo, and Santa Cruz area's. California is one of the most beautiful states! Thanks!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Welcome home, Jo- we missed you!

Great pictures. I'm so glad you had a wonderful time with your friends!

Suz

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am so glad you got to see all of those places and have fun and relax!!!
I lived over there when I lived with my Dad.
Despite having the yuck of living with him I was able to live in some of the most beautiful places in the US!
Mill Valley, Tiburon, Sausalito...
I used to cut School in High School and hang out over at Stinson or Bolinas!!!
My Best Friend was Married up on Mt Tam!
We make a point of seeing the sea lions at the pier when we make it back, they are so cool!

Jo,

I'm so happy you had a wonderful vacation!!! Thanks so much for sharing the pictures with us - They're beautiful!!! I almost feel like I took a mini-vacation this morning...:D WFEN