Call Me Stupid but............

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
*EDIT*

I think I accepted. I mean I found where to do it. I'm just not sure it worked. :rofl:

(leave it to me to find where to do it as soon as I post about it)

F

flutterbee

Inside the friends avatar is a little box. Mark that box then click accept or add or whatever the button is. It took me a couple tries, too. :D

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Whew! That's good. I was clicking on the wrong thing to accept. :)

Now......how do I ask to be someone's friend??

This is the sort of thing I keep Travis around for......... :rofl:

F

flutterbee

On the persons profile is a link that reads Befriend so and so. I think it's somewhere on the left side. You just click on that.

I'm with you. I have Devon take care of all of my facebook requests. The only reason I set it up was so I could monitor his, then his friends started adding me then sending all of these other requests. I told Devon that's his job. :D

F

flutterbee

Oops..the Befriend thing is on the 'other left'. IOW, it's on the right side. :tongue:

Right, left, up, down...just don't ask me to navigate when driving. :D

Steely

So, I didn't even know there was this new feature. How out of it am I? So, these social groups.........are they just like miniature version of our forum sections? Can the whole web see them? Or just us? Can we create our own group?

F

flutterbee

Steely -

Yes, they are like sub-groups...currently there are groups for those with chronic illness, military families, difficult child's in the OC and a book forum. They are public and yes you can create one.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ok.........

So Heather...........

I click on your profile to add you.............

And it says we're already "friends"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I think the heat is getting to me.........

So I'm guessing you only have to do it one way. Which is good, less complicated.

Now to show my true ignorance.........

What do we use this Friends List for exactly?

Please don't start throwing things at me lol

F

flutterbee

Lisa -

Yeah, you only have to do it one way.

I'm not really sure what purpose the friends option on this forum serves other than to make you feel good about yourself with the number of friends you have. :bigsmile: On something like facebook, only friends can see your profile so it serves a purpose there. It's just fun. A new toy and we have to play with it. :D

F

flutterbee

It does make it easier to find that persons profile if you want to send them a public or private message.