Can Depakote in a urine test produce positive for spice?

TerryJ2

Right.
Sorry, difficult child and husband walked in.

Anyhoo, we're going to work on difficult child a little bit more over the weekend to see if we can get him to tell us anything else.
He has shown us all of his cell phone contacts and activity, and he was the one who wanted the test again, so that seems to be on the up-and-up. I am leaning toward saying it's okay, but need time to sleep on it.

by the way, Buddy, husband had the same idea you do. He said he was going to hold difficult child's wrist and tell him that there are certain acupuncture points related to pulse points that indicate whether you're telling the truth. :)
I think he has to give it some more thought to make sure that difficult child falls for it.
Maybe tomorrow ...

klmno

I wouldn't want any kid getting deep in the Department of Juvenile Justice system in this state after what happened to my son, but I have to say that I would want to know if my son was doing spice or meth or a harder drug....whether you turned him in or not- that is some bad stuff.

TerryJ2

I was thinking the same thing. I will probably let him off, and then spring a test on him on my own several other times.

klmno

If it was me, I'd let him know that I don't necessarily believe that 1st test was negative just so he doesn't think you have your head stuck in the sand- but this might be a good opportunity to get things straight with him about exactly where your boundaries are and what you will or won't turn him in for- but if you establish that, you need to stick to it and not ever give him a single excuse or change it.

buddy

You guys are so smart. His denial seems different than typical for him so monitoring sounds like a great plan. You'd probably want to anyway.

I like the accupressure point idea, LOL