Can it get any worse???

susiestar

Roll With It
Ok. We have had 2 viruses, a car accident, my seizure/whatever it was, and now an employee at a party store (major company, not naming the name) fell off a ladder onto Jessica!!!

What the heck is going on?? Jessica is banged up and sore, but not seriously hurt. She was there with her grandfather, who noticed nothing as he was in the next store over in the strip mall. I called the store, and the person in charge today said she asked the guys and "they all said none of them used the ladder today".

I don't have a car to take her to the store to pick out the person who fell on her (who did not alert anyone, or fill out an incident report) but should have a car tomorrow to take her there. All but 2 male employees will be working tomorrow. So will the manager.

Jessie is clearly not lying. I won't say she never lies, but she is limping and moves like she is hurting. I am sure it will get worse overnight. And am sure she is going to school tomorrow anyway.

There IS the possibility that it was a college kid or high school kid who was up on the ladder (not an employee), but that brings to my mind the question of why the ladder was not in the back of the building, but was out on the shopping floor?? Cause if an employee is not using it, shouldn't it be put away?

I sent an email to corporate, and will do what I can tomorrow. I just sincerely hope that she does not end up in a whole lot more pain. As long as she was moving it wasn't too painful, but when she was still in the car coming home, it got sore PDQ.

Sigh. I hate to wonder what next.

Susie

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
What the heck has been going on lately??? OMG

Poor Jess. She soooooo didn't need this on top of the other, nor did you need another mess to deal with. I certainly hope she didn't do any more damage to the knee. The poor kid has got to be feeling like she has some sort of target painted on her back.

If things don't start looking up we may have to get a nekked chicken dance going and change the juju around here.:faint:

Give Jess some gentle (((hugs))) from me. And here is a couple for you to ((hugs))

Jena

hi,

wow ok yes what are the odds? She probably is beginning to think to some extent maybe leaving the house is a bad thing as of late.....??

I hope she sleeps well tonite. I'm surprised that no one even filled out an incident report in the store, so ridiculous.

i'm sorry

hugs to her and you

Jen

gcvmom

Here we go again!
So where'd ya hide the magnet in yer poor kid? I mean, what else would explain the attraction to trauma she has lately? Sheesh! Hope the damage isn't too bad... don't ask what next!

KTMom91

If the store has cameras, you can request the tapes be reviewed. Poor Jess...hope she feels better soon. Many hugs.

susiestar

Roll With It
I hadn't thought about cameras. They probably don't, but it is worth asking.

I swear it feels like she has a target painted on her like Daisy said. I am sure the morning will not be fun. I will be anxious and waiting for a phone call all day tomorrow. And I will pick her up at school to go ID the gentlemen.

I am SURE that the mgr won't like the email I sent to corporate. But that is just tough noogies. I laid out what Jess said. I laid out the 3 possibilities (1. J's lying, this is doubtful based onthe way she was moving. 2. Employee lied about it to get out/stay out of trouble. 3. College/high school kid was on the ladder). If J is lying she will get to apologize in person to teh store employees. But I doubt this. She was just moving like she was in a lot of pain. and feeling OK during the adrenaline of the accident, then having things start to hurt as she sat in the car/stopped and slowed down, really says something happened.

A kid playing on their ladder would be possible. Then the store/company is dealing with TWO injured parties. I guess, if this is teh case, the kid on the ladder is probably glad Jess broke his fall - that floor is hard!

Sigh.

Thanks for the prayers. I am going to wrap her in quilt batting, with an outer layer of bubble wrap!!!

Susie

ps. I SWEAR we are not beating her!!!!

F

flutterbee

I've learned to NEVER ask if it can get any worse.

I'm sorry for her pain. I hope she's feeling better soon. Stores leave ladders out all the time. It really is a hazard.

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
yikes! I would definatley pursue it with the store!

My sister in law had someone at an appliance store hit the wall she was standing in front of with a bull dozer, causing concrete blocks to hit her! She still has major muscle problems in her one arm.

susiestar

Roll With It
We couldn't go to the store today because I had a migraine. But we will go tomorrow. Corporate only has email on their website, and has not responded.

She yelps if you touch her back, but there is no noticeable swelling according to husband. He thinks pinched nerve. There was quite a battle to get her to school - and she kept coming in to me trying to get me to tell her to stay home.

I told her to do what her Dad said. He took her to the bus and made her get on it. She wasn't in too much pain to stomp off from him.

She called from school at lunch and I told her to get an aleve and go back to class. She was not happy!

Sigh.