Can our schedule be any MORE complicated?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
So I signed up for this 6-week NAMI class on Thursday nights at 7pm. I drive 30 miles to get to it, and it takes me about 45 min. to get there.

We have soccer practices Tuesday and Thursday nights. easy child's is 5:30 to 6:30 and husband takes her because he's assistant coach. difficult child 1's happened to be at the same field from 5:30 to 7pm. Perfect. difficult child 2's is 8 miles away from 7 to 8:30.

On the first night of my NAMI class, difficult child 2 had no practice due to Back to School Night at that field. The second week, I got his coach to take difficult child 2 to practice and husband picked him up. No problem!

Well, starting this week, we have a problem. A big problem.

easy child's practice is now at a different but lighted field at the same time as before, 5:30pm. difficult child 1's practice is now at 7pm at another field (about a mile from easy child's practice). And difficult child 2 is still at his same location and time (about 11 miles from the other fields).

So we are crazily trying to figure out how to make this work on Thursday nights so I can still go to my class. The hard part is for husband (obviously) because he has to somehow simultaneously collect both boys from their fields that are about 11 miles apart. difficult child 1 can't seem to get a ride from anyone on his team. And I hate to keep imposing on difficult child 2's coach (who is really the only one who lives near us).

I may just end up going to the NAMI class a few minutes late, and husband will have to just collect difficult child 2 first and difficult child 1 will have to wait a bit for him to get there.

Oh, and next Tuesday I have Back to School night at difficult child 2's school! :ashamed:

M

ML

It does sound like you are busy! I hope you are able to work out the scheduling glitch. Our weeks have been like this as well. I am feeling overwhelmed and carry my to do list and schedule every where I go.

smallworld

We've definitely had seasons like this. The only difference this fall is that we shipped J to an Residential Treatment Center (RTC) in Utah. But then I went and had foot surgery that requires me to be in a non-weight-bearing cast for 5 weeks. So we ended up having to hire a college student to do all the after-school driving! husband has had to do all the driving on the weekends. It hasn't been easy. Saturday he had to cover two dance classes, one soccer game and one drama class all by himself. I think I saw a few new gray hairs on his head.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
You know what??

This is why only 1 kid was allowed to be in a sport during a season in my home. They took turns. Like Travis did soccer in the summer. easy child would have basketball during the winter. Nichole would do softball in the spring.

It's soooo easy for sports and kids to become insane. I sooo was no going there. LOL And it worked out nice actually once they got used to it. Once they were in hs it no longer applied but they were responsible for finding their own rides. Parental transportation stopped.

I got tired just reading that schedule. lol

Hugs

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Yes, Fall is our hell season. It's been the only time of year (except last year when difficult child 2 opted for basketball instead) that all three kids were playing sports because they all just happen to like soccer. Add to it the start of school and all it's ancillary events, and it just makes for a really crazy time. Thankfully it will mostly be over in the next 8 weeks, depeding on whether any of our teams go to playoffs (realistically, difficult child 1's team is the only one with a shot).

We've just learned to grin and bear it, but this is the first time the schedule has been THIS complicated. We'll muddle through somehow, even if it means one of us is late to something.

tiredmommy

Ugh! I feel your pain! Here is our after school/weekend events for Duckie:
Friday: gymnastics
Saturday: GS volunteer event
Sunday: football game (cheer)
Monday: swim
Tuesday: cheer practice
Wednesday: open house at school
Thursday: GS meeting

Then repeat (with Saturday & Wednesday being the exceptions).

I can't fathom how to handle three kids. And Duckie's team in undefeated so far this season so it looks like we'll be in the playoffs. :rolleyes:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
TM, the only reason it's working as well as it is this year is because husband is around to help out. :) Otherwise, I wouldn't have signed up for the NAMI class at all :( The soccer craziness would just get juggled as best I can.