can somone come and make me do

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
some housework.

Aside from the animals I have had the house alone today. easy child back in school and husband still on days (he will probably start evenings next week).

I have so many things to do but can't motivate myself to do them. And whereas in a lot of cases it might not be a bad thing to take day I can't tell you how many I have taken to do little.

Why don't the little elves show up in the night to clean my house? Oh I know the dogs and cats that are making it even messier are scaring them away.

Maybe if I tell myself I will start with just a half hour of cleaning. That might work.

beth

F

flutterbee

I'm the same way a lot of times. If someone is just here - they don't have to do anything - but if they're just here it will give me the motivation to clean.

Just start with one thing. Tell yourself you're going to wash the sheets or clean the counters. Then you'll start to notice other things (if you're like me) and have to do them, too.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I know sometimes just the company is enough to motivate. But alas no one is available to come sit with me.

I put on the timer and worked for half an hour. Now I am doing some stuff here for a few minutes. Then I will get up and put the timer on again for half hour. This is a tactic I would use with a difficult child. Hmmmmm

beth

B

butterflydreams

Ugh! I need that motivation too. On weekends it seems like I only do laundry and can't seem to get the umph to do anything else. I really have some sorting and organizing to do in my bedroom and I still have stuff in boxes in there and in the living room from when we moved in May and can't seem to get the motivation to do anything with the stuff - so there it sits. I did get motivated last weekend to shampoo the carpet in the living room.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
mstang you might be on to something. I can work magic at other homes. My one friend keeps trying to convince me I need to visit her so her house work will get done. (Not the only reason but .....)

beth

nvts

Blow off the housework and pamper! You obviously need it and will enjoy it, even if it means a glass o' wine and a book in the bathtub, it'll help you just unwind.

The house will suffer one more day of not being vacuumed!

Take a break!

Beth

Andy

Received this from my mom (she must know me well) and thought of this thread:

Cleaning Poem

I asked the Lord to tell me
Why my house is such a mess.
He asked if I'd been 'computering',
And I had to answer 'yes.'

He told me to get off my fanny
And tidy up the house.
And so I started cleaning up...