Can the school keep her out longer than the suspension?

Nancy423

do I have to be the mom?
difficult child got a total 6 day suspension for the attack on a substitute teacher on Thursday last week. My argument is that they did not follow her IEP/BIP because the sub knew nothing about it. The school admits they did not make her aware of it and that it's impossible to inform everyone of difficult child's tendencies. So in essence, the BIP was not followed on this day because of "ignorance " (that's my opinion) Part of our original deal from last friday was that we take difficult child in for a risk assessment at the mental hospital, so we did on Friday night. The counselor found she was not a risk. This is all so over my head now that we hired an advocate. But he can't prepare for a meeting until next week, so I postponed the IEP until Wed before T-giving.

The principal got a copy of the Risk Assessment from me Monday, but still won't let her back until we meet for the IEP. If the assessment says she's not a risk husband doesn't understand why or how the school can keep her out another 2-3 days. They are damaging her acedemic success and I can't do anything about it.

Is the school within their right to keep her out?

smallworld

I suspect that the meeting next Wednesday is a manifestation determination, and the school does have a right to keep her out of school until that meeting. I answered more fully in your thread on the General Forum.