Can we avoid the board jinx again?

DammitJanet

Various people have asked me how Cory is doing so I will post. His dad and I think he is doing the best he has done in ages. We should have made him leave years ago...lol. No really I think this was about the perfect time...maybe we could have done it a year sooner but maybe not. He is handling his house and bills very well. He has his girlfriend there and they keep it very clean.

Now I am sure things go on there that I would not be thrilled with but it is their house and I dont have to know. They dont do anything I wouldnt like in front of me...lol. Even smoking cigarettes now.

Cory is handling his probation perfectly. He doesnt expect me to take him or provide rides or the phone to call in. He is always at the house by 7 even though the guy has only shown up very few times. Cory didnt even go out NYE. He stayed home and I dont know if he partied or not but he was sober enough to call out the cops on his neighbor instead of getting in trouble himself. Using the law appropriately...go Cory!

I dont know if he will ever be out of trouble but he is doing ok for now.

B

bran155

Great update. Sounds like things are pretty good with him. I am impressed that he actually CALLED the cops on his neighbors!!! Good for him.

Keeping my finger's crossed for more good updates.

How are you feeling???

I hope all is well with you. :)

DammitJanet

Im doing ok.

This update should give you hope. I cant tell you how many times I have had Cory in jail. Now he is doing ok. We have hope. I also have a living room full of toddler toys and it looks like a small daycare but oh well...lol.

B

bran155

Janetl, it really does give me hope. You give me hope. I pray one day I can post about my daughter's improvement!!! Especially the part where she lives in HER OWN PLACE!!!! lol

Thanks. :)

Janet, sometimes things wait until just the right time for a reason. Perhaps seeing how sick you were opened his eyes a little. Whatever the case, I am happy to read that update!

everywoman

I'm so glad Cory is doing what he's supposed to be doing---taking care of his business and personal life and leaving you out of it. Enjoy Keyana everyday you can.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:D :D : D: :D

Go Cory!!! *shouts this with every possible body part crossed to avoid the board jinx*

Wonderful update, Janet. I know you've waited so long for this. :)

As for the livingroom full of toddler toys.........lol Mine too. Now if I could just get Aubrey to stop trying to "help" me with my homework........ Oh, well. They're cute as buttons at this age. lol

Hugs

goldenguru

Good for Cory!!

Good for Janey and Tony!!

You guys have been through so much - and are an inspiration to me personally!!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Janet, what a wonderful update. It's terrific when our kids can live separately from us and follow it through. I'm thrilled for all of you.

Hugs,
Suz

donna723

Janet, I'm just thrilled that Cory is doing so well! And it sounds like he's taking pride in himself and in handing his own life, being responsible, and doing things the right way. I'm so proud of him!

Maybe BBK is right - maybe when you were so sick it caused him to re-examine things, get his priorities straight, and grow up a little! It sounds like he's finding out what it's like to be self reliant and successful and he's gaining confidence in himself! Way to go, Cory!

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Janet,
I'm so happy for Cory! And for you, it's so good to feel proud of our difficult child's! I'm glad you're feeling better, you deserve nothing but the best!-Alyssa

Estherfromjerusalem

Janet, that's a great update. I am so happy for you that Cory has moved out, willingly. I am in the same place, and the quality of our life here at home has changed so much. Oriel comes back once every few days to bring me a bag of laundry which I am happy to do (they don't have room for a washing machine in that teeny apartment), but they both seem happy and I think doing his laundry is a small price to pay for having him out of here. He seems to be enjoying his independence, and they seem to be getting on really well together, so I am happy.

And it is wonderful to have you back posting here again!!

Love, Esther