Can we talk LOGICALLY about men?

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Lol.
My man would get a giant skillet upside the bean if he told me what kitchen appliance i could or could not have.
I guess if he bought them, or used them, or MAINTAiNED them, or....I better shut up now.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
"Not Allowed to get ????" If I heard SO say that my head would have snapped around so fast and you know that one scene from the movie the Exorcist, that would have nothing on me. LOL

I figured out years ago buying any kind of appliances with men involved seems always to be a hassel for some reason. When I was looking for a new washer we had some,errrr, discussions. His eyes glazed over at this one model that had all of these push buttons and am sure came with a programmers book. Ok, SO, I love you dearly but I do not need to stand there and keep pushing buttons so that the washer knows I intend to wash blue jeans LOL Sometimes less is more, and I asked the salesperson to show me a models with plain old knobs, and at least three cycles, and that went cold, warm and hot water. Thats the one we ended up with as I was paying for it. The TV he picked as he was paying for it - although I do wish he would let me take the clear plastic wrap around the TV off - cannot pursuade him that it isn't going to get "scratched" (its 5 feet off the floor and in our bedroom) Who is going to scratch it?

But am glad you got your fridge - we are going out today to debate our way thru Lowe's as he is buying :)

Marcie

H

HaoZi

OoooOOOoooooOOooo... let any SO I ever have say any such phrase as "You're not allowed," or "I forbid you to..." and it's not going to be pretty. There would be no mistaking what part of the country I grew up in as soon as that "Exxxxxquuuuze me?! I know I didn't jus' hear that!" came out of ma mouth.

DDD

Star I am SO SO happy for you! Make yourself some Southern tea out in the blankin' hot sun and they devour it in a glass topped off with your new ice cubes! Enjoy. DDD

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Errrrrrmmm... I have a ceramic-top stove... It is almost 6 years old... And the only problem we had was husband burning his shoes.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well as with any STAR story - there has to be some rain.....OMG this was priceless.

The people got here as promised at 9:00 AM. WONDERFUL, LOVELY couple and they brought three of their grandchildren. They were absolutely georgeous kids. We chatted briefly and then offloaded from their low small trailer. I complimented her on backing because I know how hard that is. (no really CDL school and all that) So it took 4 of us to get it off their trailer. They asked if they could help get it IN the door. (It looked like rain) DF said that would be great - into the den, not necessary to get it into the kitchen. OMG please no - because the house is a sty. THe den was bad enough - but LORD PLEASE-----do me the courtesy.

Well you think men with all their tools and (SLAPS HAND ) here we go for the logical ka ka again.....would have measured the door to the kitchen, the fridge, the handles ON the fridge and accounted for it. DId he? Noooooo. So now we have an 800 lb. fridge freezer in our den, my Mom is on her way from Ohio, my house is torn up like OMG - and I wanted to do that little bit of landscaping too....you know find the driveway. So now what? We have NO back porch. Nope......he tore that off 9 years ago and never rebuilt it. So the drop is like 4 feet. Or should I say the hike?

HIS car trailer is 2 feet off the ground and NO WAY can I lift this thing by myself. I tried. I believe my uterus put in a notice to abdicate my nether regions. I had a weight belt on. Didn't matter parts wanted to leave my body. I'm going to have a love affair with Ben Gay in about 3 minutes. So we called rent a drunk, no one available at 4:30. We called people on Craigslist and one guy called us back. HE hauls and scraps used appliances - if you give them to him. SO I said - YOU CAN HAVE OUR USED ONE - IF you can help me get the new one - and described the pitiful scene he agreed - I couldn't believe it. Said I'll be there in 2 hours. OMG A NOTHER MIRACLE!!!!!! (ahhhhhhhhhhh) So we waited - and I continued cleaning.

Two hours, three hours...and now I'm cooked. I have junk to do, and so DF devised a plan. (this is almost as assanine as are men logical) but I went with it. He had me use a dolly and wheel the fridge out to the trailer.....built 2 ramps and I pulled with everything I was worth - got that sucker up on the trailer.....OMG I couldn't believe I did it. THEN? Went for a ride around the yard to the back yard and he backed it as close as he could to the door and we put the ramps UP TO THE HOUSE and I leaned that fridge back and pulled again and I swear to you I grunted "GET.IN.MY.HOUSE.YOU.FRIDGE." and I pulled and pulled and in it went.

Ladies - if your man ever tells you that you are "corn fed" - don't take offense, it's a compliment. I'm not exactly sure what one of those weigh? But Once I get the pics to show you what and how we got it in the house? You'll either laugh or never buy a fridge.....or you'll buy one with a measuring tape and the measurments of your doors......or you'll make sure you marry someone that can PAY to have it delivered and let it be THEIR worry. DF felt so bad....and said "I guess this is the light at the beginning of the tunnel." Then hung his head. I told him I can't make him feel better....and wasn't trying to make him feel worse. I just wanted that fridge in the house but kudos to him for coming up with the ramp idea....because without it? NEVER EVER would have gotten it in there and his idea of leaving it in the den? naught ah......

Just had to chuckle........but it's in, it's plugged.....it's clean, workign and I HAVE MY ICE BACK........and I HAVE MY ICE WATER AND I AM A HAPPY CAT!!!!!!!!!! woooooo hooooo.
(must be a man thing because I don't care how it got in the house.....on the wings of a Pegasus for all I care.....but I know this .........It's not moving with me.......lol) There will be one where ever I go and it will be new......hahah.

And insaneCD......
I can literally carry on about 7-8 conversations at a time - so If I jump around - just hang on the best you can. Or get a razor - sometimes it's hairy. Even my DF is mostly like "Wha?" I thought you were talking about and now you're talking .........no wait what are you talking about now? I can't keep up." If that's Adult ADHD then I guess I have it. I just thought everyone went at that speed. lol.

Huge Hugs all -

and as far as the "not allowed" - Well you know - we were in Lowes.....and DF says "OH ahhhhh ackkkkk look at all those buttons on that ice maker - so many things to go wrong." and while part of me wants to just scream SHUT UP........the other part of me knows he's right - much easier to put water in a tray and crack it than to push 5 buttons for ice. BUT OMG is it A JOY JOY JOY (where ?) down in my heart! to push buttons - only on that fridge though. I LOVE IT!!!!! and so many things can go wrong in life in general - so what's a few buttons...?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
As far as the "not allowed" part.............my husband would just as soon jump in front of a moving train before daring to tell me I'm not allowed to do anything. But he wouldn't have to jump, I might push him. I'm still difficult child enough someone tells me (especially husband) I'm not allowed and I'm going to go right out and do it just to show him I can. lol Which is why I came home from the pound with 3 different dogs on 3 different occasions. All doggies got new forever homes and husband learned to keep his mouth shut.

We won't argue that there are many many things husband is not allowed to do. :rofl:

But then I don't go off and do stupid stuff either. He does.

Star that was a great visual. Reminds me of husband and sister in law trying to first get my new frig into our dinky house before this one (no one thought to measure either) and then into this one......actually 2nd time was easier. They knew how to take off the doors to make it fit. lol

sister in law tried to get me to buy a frig with the water/ice maker thing. Naw. I settled for the one I got which is ok. I like my water out of the tap and I can do trays. If I'm feeling lazy I put a bag of ice in the freezer from the store and it lasts me 3 months. lol

DammitJanet

We got the dryer in my house last night. Tony had Cory help him get it up our steps. We found a used appliance store in Fayetteville. Oddly enough, they deliver and set up for a small fee but Im sure I am out of their delivery area...lol. I was going to get my stove too but Tony nixed that since we have a small truck...also the guy said he would give us $30 back on any used appliances back that we bring him...so we will bring him so we will take him the dryer and the stove when we go to get the new stove later.

DammitJanet

we had to do that to get any fridges in our mobile home. The doors into mobiles are not known to be exactly wide...lol.

Oh forgot to add, we thought our washer was on its last legs and were going to have to replace that too but Tony fiddled with it and we looked it up online and then found a youtube video that showed us how to fix it really easily. So for 20 bucks we were able to fix the washer...whew.