Can we talk phones again?

Star*

call 911........call 911
I have ATT and strongly dislike everything about them. Had them for 11 years now.

I pay a ridiculous amount for 3 phones. We have a shared family plan that is NOT a good deal. When i say ridiculous - I mean ridiculous. Especially since I've been with them for 11 years.

The only great above and beyond feature I want is UNLISTED number.

So I go into WM and see - Talk /Text unlimited 3 phones - $95 and they give you free shared web minutes each month (which is about all I use of that) and you can add on a another line (thinking about Dude because he can send the money for that) for an additional $25 so for $115 a month - We could do 4 phones unlimited talk /text. OMW that's insanely low. And about $80 cheaper than I pay now.

Has anyone cancelled out of a contract with ATT? Mine will be up in December.

What happens? How much do you owe? I can keep my numbers.

WM wants $25/per phone activation fee. So it would be $100 and all my phones would work with the new plan.

Any advantages / Disadvantages?

Did you have problems or troubles?

Thanks In advance for your thoughts.

M

ML

I'm not up on my phones but that sounds like a really good deal, Star. Our Verizon phone bill is about $150 for three phones, one of which has an unlimited data plan; a "smart" phone. It also has unlimited texting and almost unlimited minutes. I say go for it!

muttmeister

I hate all of these @#$%^ phone companies and if I could make it work I'd go back to smoke signals. I have Verizon; don't go there. My 3 phones on a shared plan are running about $250 per month but it is either them or nobody as we live in an area where phone reception is limited and they are the only game in town.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Me? I bought the walmart cheapy phone that I buy minutes for. I don't use it enough for a plan.......it's only for when the house phone goes out or an emergency. Only pitfall with that is that every once in a while I have to sit and chat on it for a while to use some of the minutes up and every so often I have to buy mins to keep it activated. But my lil track phone sends and receives calls where my girls fancy smancy phones don't. lol

Otherwise, no clue. easy child phone place can't even receive in her own home, let alone call out. Nichole has a great unlimited plan, I'll have to ask who it's with when I see her today. I'm pretty sure it's not with ATT as she had a blow out with them not long ago. lol

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I'm seriously looking at changing again. T-Mobile isn't bad, and they have pretty good customer service, but it's a tad expensive...

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I have Verizon and seem to be one of the few that actually like them. My bill runs about 235.00 per month (my main phone is 85.00 with two added lines for 9.95 a month and have shared 700 minutes - its high only because all three phones are smart phones, have insurance, have unlimited data usage, and two out of three have 5000 a month text/webpics.

We have gotten rid of the landline. Danny does have that Magic Jack program for like I think 19.95 a year that is connected to his computer and it works really well as a house phone

Marcie

KTMom91

We've had T-Mobile for about 9 years, and I haven't had any problems. We have unlimited text (vital when Miss KT was on our plan), and Hubby has a Blackberry now, so he pays for the data plan. I think our bill runs around $100/month now that Miss KT has her own plan with ATT.

flutterby

Fly away!
easy child has Sprint and has 3 phones with unlimited talk, text, web for somewhere around $120 month.

A friend of mine uses the plan you're talking about, Star, and they seem to be really happy with it.

H

HaoZi

I went with Virgin Mobile. I have the cheapest plan, which is 300 talk minutes, unlimited text/web for $25 month.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
TMobile is in the process of being purchased by ATT. I've had ATT for 14 years now & have had wonderful customer service along with good phones & coverage.

Saying that, I also get an employee rate as one of husband's surviving spouse benefits so I haven't looked into another provider.

I use a Nokia E75 phone; I never buy phones on contract because I don't trust the economy or where I will be in 6 months financially. I purchase unlocked phones via Amazon & tend to get good deals (just make sure it's the US version if you go that route, Star).

Good luck with whatever direction you go ~ cell phones plans & providers are as tricky as ISPs.

DammitJanet

Flutter. ... he has 3 phones on sprint for 120? ?????

My basic plan on sprint was 2 phones for 129.99 unlimited but it ended up being almost 160 after everything was said and done with taxes, insurance, and whatnot. Its friggen crazy how all the extra fees add up. Im thinking of cancelling too and going to the cheaper phones but I like the internet usage too with the navigation and apps now! They suckered me in when I wasnt looking..lol.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I checked Sprint here in SC - and HOLY MOLY - Not happening in SC.

I checked TMobile - One phone Unlimited is $79.00 additional lines add up to more than what I'm paying after taxes -

I checked Straight Talk - and They really have a super deal going on - on line - if you buy and pay for six months or the entire year - but you know what? It's not much different than what I have with ATT - and I have insurance -

flutterby

Fly away!
Janet, I don't know what the total bill is after taxes, warranties, etc. That is just what he told me when he was switching from Verizon. It was so much better than Verizon that he broke his contract to switch.

DammitJanet

Star...straight talk sounds good but thats what cory has and if you dont pay before your due date, your number can get changed. Such as if your due date is the 3rd and you go in on the 4th it can and will get turned off at midnite on the 3rd. Always. Now you might get the same number but might not. You dont get a leeway. Check boost.