Can you help me think?

klmno

I have a sung stuck on my mind but don't know the name of it or the singer. It's a female- maybe an African-American but I'm not positive. It's an oldy and starts out with her humming slowly then breaks out into dance music, a little like disco. I thought it might be Last Dance by Donna Summer but after listening to that on you tube, I don't think that's it. It's similar to that but unless there was another version made, that's not it. I hear it a lot on the oldies station on the radio but it was so well known that they never mention the artist or name anymore.

And, I need to rent a movie sometime this weekend. I don't want a tear-jerker either. LOL! Does anyone know of a good drama or comedy or a good Kevin Costner movie that would be at that $1 box rental?

H

HaoZi

Might it be something by Sade?
I found Cop Out hilarious if you don't have small kids around (lot of grown-up jokes in there). Redbox.com will let you find what is currently available at the Redboxes in your area.

klmno

I've never heard of Sade. LOL! When I say oldy, believe me- I am stuck in the 60's thru 80's when it comes to music!

I'll look on that website for a movie- thx!

H

HaoZi

Sade has been around since the early 80s or so. If you can recall any of the lyrics you should be able to do a search. Short of that, call the radio station that plays it and ask them.

klmno

Oh- sorry! You'd think I'd have remembered the name but really, it was the beat I couldn't get out of my mind....really! I'm ready to go dancing!

klmno

It's a great dance song! I used to live in this same general area (where I just moved) for a brief period in early 1980 and I now have found a radio station here that is still playing music from then- I love it! Now all I have to do is find a safe dance club playing music like this and catering to people around 50yo and I'll be good to go. LOL!

DammitJanet

I recently went to a new semi-friends house and we watched a movie I really enjoyed. It was "Why did I get married too". Now I think it would have been even funnier if I had seen Why did I get Married first. So my recommendation would be to get both of those movies and watch them back to back. I actually hope they do a third one that says...Oops I did it again...lol. They really are quite funny.

witzend

Baby! My heart is filled with desire and with love for you!.... Great song! I have it on my Ipod by Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes, 1975; and Thelma Houston in 1977. HM&TBN's were GREAT! Philly Soul.

susiestar

Roll With It
LOVE the song, have for years. Eons ago, when I was in college in Austin, Thursday was Trash Disco Night. A bunch of us from a group I belonged to would go to a club that played only disco on Thursday nights. It was an AWESOME time every week!!! Of course Friday classes meant I couldn't go every week, but when I could it was awesome. I have no clue if any clubs still play it, lol!

I hope you can find a fun movie to watch. I am thinking I might watch Fried Green Tomatoes or Steel Magnolias tonight. Both faves of mine and I found them on DVD for about $2-3 at Target over the summer.

Enjoy!!!

klmno

I'll have to look for that movie, Janet! I looked up Kevin Costner movies too and wouldn't mind seeing No Way Out again. Also, I'd like to see that new one he has out since it apparently is about the struggles people are going thru lately with the economy and losing jobs. I can't really afford the luxury of paying full price at a theater right now but maybe I can find it showing at a discounted price on my next trip out of town.