Can you relate? financial strain of treatment for children

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by buddy, Feb 19, 2013.

1. buddy

buddy New Member

Financial strain of caring for mentally ill children.
  2. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

I'm not even going to read might trigger a desire to get in the bed, cover my head and sleep like old people are suppose to do! been there done that...still paying the price. DDD
  3. InsaneCdn

InsaneCdn Well-Known Member

I'm with DDD...
  4. buddy

buddy New Member

sorry :(
  5. Nomad

Nomad Guest

I'm with DDD. Yes, lots of extra costs raising a mentally ill child. AND it seems to continue into adulthood, although we have done our very best to limit that.
    I saw that there is going to be a special regarding the killings in Conn. and the believed perpetrator. Some folks on-line were posting after the article that our country should have more options for parents whose children have mental illness or other serious special needs.
  6. InsaneCdn

Buddy... I can feel empathy for whoever is on that story line... you can too.
    I'm just "storied out" lately.
  7. InsaneCdn

8. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

Well, I'm glad that more of these are being published. The more people who are aware of it, the more people can come up with-ideas.
    That's looking on the bright side ...
  9. buddy

buddy New Member

I thought that too. A credible news source doing a big story with no added drama like a mass shooting etc. The lives of those going through this are drama enough.