Can't believe what I did today

Wiped Out

Staff member
easy child/difficult child and I had a ton to do today. I started with my pt appointment and then we went right to my classroom to work. After that we stopped at the grocery store.

By that time I was feeling exhausted, apparently more so than I thought-lol (I can laugh because it is fine)!

When we were coming out of the grocery store I couldn't find my keys. We checked at the service desk, no-one turned them in. easy child/difficult child asked if maybe I left them in the van. Not only did I leave them in the van, I left it unlocked and running! Geesh!

HMBgal

Oooph. I'm a teacher, too, and I was on my way to help my daughter, who is also a teacher, in her classroom. It was also the first day she had left her new baby (three months old) at daycare and I was worried about her. She's been in tears for weeks about this day, so I wanted to show up in her classroom to help her out. And I ran a red light so blatantly and I didn't even realize it until it was too late. In my defense, I was following another car through, but still...ran that light big time! I'm hoping I don't get a red light ticket, but I will pay it humbly because I certainly did it. I didn't see a flash of a camera, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Fortunately, the lights in all the other directions were still red, too, so I didn't endanger anyone, but shoot, made me think about how preoccupied I was and it could have been bad for someone else. Live and learn.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Too funny Wendy! Sharon-I am listening to you, no-one has to tell me to take a nap twice-lol! HMbgal-I hope you don't get a ticket-you should stay home today too:)

DammitJanet

Sharon, I havent left the car running but there have been several times we have left the keys in the car. I dont notice until I go to have my reward card swiped.

HMbgal, I have only actually ran a red light once as far as I know. Thankfully we dont have camera's. In my defense, there are two lights very close together and I was looking at the second one. Also thankfully this was at a place not many cars actually use the first light.

Jody

I had to go to the bathroom so bad once I ran a light on purpose, had to get to the gas station, and omg, didnt care about the ticket at the moment, but it never came. I did check before I ran it no one was in sight, and I thought okay good to go, until I spotted the camera. You were luck the car was till there!!!!!

Kathy813

Staff member
Okay, I can top that one. I once locked both my keys and 3-month-old baby in a car. I had laid the keys on the floor while I put difficult child in her car seat and then closed the door which somehow locked with the keys still on the floor. I called husband who came flying home from work while I stood outside the van door helplessly looking at difficult child.

It was winter time so I didn't have to worry about her getting overheated and she thankfully just slept while I waited for husband to get to the shopping center to bring me a spare key. I did feel like the worst mother in the world, though. Maybe that explains some things about my difficult child to this day.

I can't even blame old age for that one.

~Kathy