CAN'T ... STOP... LAUGHING!!!

tiredmommy

Duckie received her Disney Channel Dance Dance Revolution game today. She was pretty whiny and difficult with husband during set up, but has been playing for 2.5 hours straight. Here's the funny part: the voice over guy keeps critiquing her performance & generally taunting her:
"No Good!"
"Calm down!"
"Boo!"
"Watch out!"
"Your steps are real shaky!"
"Are you watching the sequence okay?"
Well, she told him off. :rofl:
"You are mean and stupid and probably ugly in real life!!!" :clubbing:
Only my difficult child would tell off a video game! :rofl:

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'd send it back - WHAT an esteem building game -

I'd seriously send it back and tell the company with a letter to send you something a little less critical.

Poor kid -

Disney should know that putting kids down is NOT a motivator!

Eesh

SRL

I really like the "probably ugly in real life" part. Nice touch!

Don't be so sure she's the only one around here who would tell off a video game. This morning difficult child told off a chair he bumped into.

tiredmommy

Wendy, I just ignored him on my turn. Maybe because I'm used to all of Duckie's negative little comments. :grounch_day:
It really is funny, Star*. She became especially angry when husband took a turn and got something like:
"Hey! Your moves are smooth!"
She started yelling that the stupid guy was picking on her! :not_fair: husband told her the best way to get him to stop was to ignore him and practice. Sure enough, his comments are slowly getting better, lol! :woohoo:
SRL- I'd like to say I'm happy I'm not the only one has a child that does this, but that doesn't seem very nice, lol!
:rofl:

VLong

What a doll Duckie is!!! And I'm sure it's motivating her to practice. But I can just see it and I'm just laughing with tears running down my cheecks! :rofl: :rofl:

Fran

Former desparate mom
It's forcing her to improve. Sounds like a good game to
teach self discipline and hard work. Pretty funny about telling off the voice. I love that she thinks being ugly is an insult. LOL.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
We have the dance pad here and though its not a Disney one, the critique's are the same. I need to start dragging it out again because its great exercise, but do wish I could put a mute button on the guy and not the music.

easy child starts laughing the minute I step on it because being coordinated is not one of my finer attributes - after months and months, I am still on the first level :smile:

Natie when he was here would get frustrated the first few steps and had a fit that he couldn't do it and would fall down like Grammy LOL

Marcie