Car Update and easy child's Girlfriend

F

flutterbee

I took my car to the mechanic today. I asked easy child's girlfriend (let's call her A) if she would follow me and bring me back cause it was really rattling and popping and I was just sure it was going to be a major deal.

A followed me and then took me to the grocery store. Brought me home and helped me bring the bags in. I set them down on the counter and she started grabbing things and putting them away! Then she took out the trash! We chatted for a while then called easy child at his dad's (he had asked that she call from our house because we don't pay extra for long distance). While A talked to easy child, I went out to water. Next thing I know, she's out with me - still on the phone with easy child - and she's pulling weeds. Then she comes in and gets the broom and sweeps the sidewalk. I had to stop her from vacuuming my house.

Such a sweet girl. Said she likes helping me. She hung out for another hour and we chatted. Wynter was saying she's bored (it should just be stamped on her forehead :rolleyes: ) and A was asking her what she likes to do. A's sister is in the same grade as Wynter and they know each other, but have never really done anything together. A told Wynter that she takes her sister to the pool with her and they're going to the water park and she's welcome to go with.

She has mild cerebral palsy that affects her left side and spent many years in physical and occupational therapist. She plans on going to school to become an Occupational Therapist (OT).

Then the mechanic called. Car is fixed. It was just an alignment issue. And since it had been 85 days since my last alignment when I had to replace 2 tires and they warranty the alignment for 90 days, I wasn't charged!

A took me back to get my car and we chatted in the parking lot for a few minutes. I told her she was welcome any time and that she was allowed to come over and do nothing. LOL Told her she doesn't have to come over and work.

Is it too soon to start planning a wedding?

donna723

I'm glad your car problem was so easily (and cheaply!) fixed. Maybe there's hope for mine yet!

And the girlfriend? She's either the sweetest girl on the face of the earth or she's really trying to impress you!

Andy

Not many girls out there like that - Tell easy child that he HAS to marry her - it will be near impossible to find another one who would chip in like that without being asked.

F

flutterbee

She is a very sweet girl. Straight A's. AP courses. Very pretty.

Oh..get this. I did get an oil change and an engine treatment for the car today, too, so there was a charge for that part. I got a SENIOR discount. :surprise:

I always go to this place and I'm sure they were just trying to give me more of a discount and that's how they could get it in their computer, but I had to laugh. Especially since I was just talking about ex looking old....

meowbunny

Great news on the car!

Just don't tell her parents how much she helped you out. It really hurts to hear your child being so willing to do so much for someone else but can't even put a spoon in a dishwasher at home. She really does sound a sweetheart. Hope D dates her for a long time!

F

flutterbee

easy child is head over heels in love with this girl. And she's really good for him. He's always tried to blame his grades on his just being 'stupid' and she told him he's not; that he just doesn't want to do the work. He brought all of his grades up. (Guess it means more coming from a girlfriend than it does from mom. LOL) She's very sweet, but she doesn't pull any punches either.