Care Package for Military Personel

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by nvts, Mar 28, 2011.

1. nvts

nvts Active Member

Hi! Have any of you guys sent care packages to Baghdad? I've been corresponding with a soldier over there and thought that it would be fun to put together a care package for Easter.

Any suggestions as to what to send and the time frame that it takes to send it there (how long do I have and would it get there for Easter?). He's 55 and no family - career military.

Just trying to get an idea!

Thanks!
    Beth

2. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

We did for a long time until our guys came home - and I can tell you this much -

SOCKS - they have NO PLACE to wash them and the ones Walmart sells - that prevent sweating? PERFECT - they throw them away after they wear them about 3-4 days. Pocket sized note pads. We sent our guy candy but they told us they had TONS of hard candy. Bandanas - (biker style) washed a few times for softness.

That was about it - that and small stuff like potted meat, vienna sausages - stuff for writing, stamps. Stuff from kids - like handmade cards. And believe it or not - games and kids fun stuff - like silly putty - jacks - junk like that. Sounds silly - but they had fun with it. No idea why. Guess just stress relievers. Disposable cameras.

3. HaoZi

HaoZi Guest