Care to cross you fingers that the weather improves PRONTO!

DDD

Today is our "rain date" fundraising event. Last Sunday it was stormy. Today was suppose to be sunny and bright. Yikes. It's over cast and there is alot of breeze. Not good for a canoe event. Maybe some Board ju ju will help. If it doesn't "fly" today we are going to deep six the event. Bummer. We'll lose mega bucks as the support people and the food vendor will have to be paid. What to heck do you do with pulled pork designed to feed two hundred or more?????? Sigh. DDD

DDD

Phew/Whew! it turned out fine although it wasn't a profit maker, lol. The temperature and breeze were nice for the attendees. The new course on the lake was a fun challenge for the contenders. My 30ish friend who is the director of a national non-profit was in for a shock, lol. Last year her team came in first. This year their canoe flipped over near the shore and they all got completely soaked. There were no injuries but omg it was SO funny. The announcer for the event named them "the most entertaining" award. LOL.

I am so glad it is behind me and really appreciate the good thoughts from the CD family that may have kept more sever weather from disrupting the event. Thanks. DDD

PS: Best of all.......difficult child#1 was the raffle winner! He was so pleased that he had spent $15 bucks of his earned money and ended up as the recipient of the Pig Out basket worth close to $200 in free gift certificates from twelve big restaurants in our city. He gave me the $25 coupon for my favorite restaurant! Yeah, difficult child.