Carpet Cleaner Recommendations

flutterby

Fly away!
I need the whole house done and I want it scotchguarded.

Who has worked well for you and the best deal? I don't necessarily mean the cheapest...I mean best deal for the money.

I want to get it done before the bad weather hits. The carpet really needs cleaned.

TIA.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I've used a local guy who does a great job for a reasonable price... my neighbor recommended him. Too bad you're not closer because he could use the business -- I haven't been able to hire him at all this year.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
K-tech did an excellent job on my furniture and I've heard excellent reviews on their carpet service as well. They are in WI, but it wouldn't hurt to check to see if they have locations in your area.

Sears also offers carpet cleaning in some areas. My mother uses them and has good results. Note that Sears contracts out the carpet cleaning so there might be a great deal of variability.

witzend

I joined "Angies List" last year and use it to look up companies that do household repairs, etc. It's a $7.50 fee, and you can read reviews on companies that do all kinds of work in your area. I have never been disappointed in the people I have found through them. Plus, last summer they had a deal where when I gave them 7 reviews on doctors - you know I have made 7 doctor visits! - they gave me a i-pod shuffle!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'll ask husband the company his mom used. The woman had snow white carpets.......and a dog that drooled. And they always got them like new clean.....did all the moving of the furniture ect. I'm brain dead and can't think of the company, but it's popular and they have ads on tv.

Me? I have a Hoover steam vac and LOVE it. I can shampoo whenever I want/need and it does a fantasic job. :)

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
The company you are thinking of is most likely "Stanley Steemer". They have been in business for decades.

AFAIK they stll do a good job, but you sure do pay for the work.