carpet cleaning question

S

Signorina

Spot Shot is the world's best carpet spot remover. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. As a second resort - Folex is also A+

I like oxyclean - use it in the wash all the time...but in my prior home, both the powder and the spot remover lifted the dye out of my carpet, leaving the spots a lighter pinkish beige. So always test on a hidden area. FWIW, the "stanley steemer" spot remover (that came with the professional carpet cleaning) did the same thing. YMMV

witzend

I promise you that this stuff will get rid of ANY stain easily. You spray it on, wiggle it down the fibers with your fingers - don't scrub - then blot it up.

http://www.folexcompany.com/

It works great on upholstery, too. You should be able to get it at most any store with a good selection of cleaning products.

klmno

Thanks! We just got back from the store about 45 mins ago and since I couldn't find the hoover shampoo stuff, I got the borax and color-safe bleach but if it doesn't work, I'll try that, Wtz. And after all this- yep, I'll be getting a little rug for that area.

keista

Now it makes sense to me why Grandma had all these little rugs at each doorway and runners along hallways - even on carpeted areas. in my opinion it was just MORE to clean. And why have carpet if you're just going to cover it up?

Star*

call 911........call 911
Never tried Spot shot - But I just left a paste of Borax and Bleach on my tile floor in the bathroom (WITH WINDOWS OPEN) and the grout looks like BRAND NEW.

Will give both Spot shot and Folex a shout out - whenever I get carpet back in my home. I gave up - five dogs? Yeah right. I have three rooms of carpet and those have the doors closed. Someday I'll tell you the story about the antique persian rug fiasco......and the little Grandog who could. Grrrrrrr.

Tiapet

Old Hand
We've tried spot shot on various spots that were difficult and have not had good results sadly. Only some spots it did work on.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay - the Borax and bleach on the floor tile even got noticed by DF. - I'm telling you - that MULE cleaner rocks.