Casey Anthony bombshell, innocent after all?

N

Nomad

No doubt that attorneys play certain kind of "games," that fall just within the legal limits.
Look at the sentencing for CA. The judge himself did not know that the defense was going to ask that her charges be combined into one charge. Why? 'Cause the legal team gave the clerk the information the night before and just happened to forget to tell the clerk that the judge needed this information and the prosecution didn't have it either and then the judge and prosecution had to do everything on the fly and in front of cameras as well. Can't prove anything...but this is what likely happened. Not illegal either....but just short of illegal and then again, can't prove it.

Was talking with- someone today and he said that other charges should have been brought again CA so that a conviction would have been more likely. He thinks that yes, she is either guilty or at the very least, she had something to do with "something." Perhaps an accident that was covered up or "something." Well, there you have it. That is probably how the great majority of us feel as well. We feel very strongly that she did "something." After all, a child is dead and she ended up in the woods with duct tape on her mouth and she was out partying when her child was missing. It does NOT take a genuis to figure out with this information alone, that something is dreadfully sinister here. However, concrete evidence is missing and it was too confusing to get a conviction. It certainly worries me that it would be relatively easy under certain circumstances to get away with murder in this country....this case certainly implies it...and is very disturbing!

RE: the computer search....it is very very super duper suspicious to me. I suppose it is somewhat possible that CA didn't know what the word meant and saw it recently. Even one search would be a red flag for me.

I'm beginning to think....although its kind of weird thought...that maybe jury foreman...should be professionals with training and licenses.

From MWM "I was shocked when I heard the reasons the jurors gave for finding Casey not guilty. The foreman, who was only thirty, pretty much said, "Nah, it doesn't bother me that she partied the day she allegedly found out Caylee had drowned. I mean, that's what people our age do. We like to party." And he was the foreman."

(All I can say is OMG! I'm too sad to respond to that!)

I think, generally, we have to put this behind us, because it is so very depressing.

We can make a desicion to boycott any books, magazines etc. in which CA participates....might do a little good. It might help a little 'cause some advertisers might avoid her.

Maybe the only thing we can get out of this that is very positive is Caylee's Law. Anyone got any good information on the progress of that?

witzend

All well and good, but WHO duct tapes a baby in a bag (on the mouth or not) and then doesn't mention the baby is missing for a month?

N

Nomad

Saw this on something like change.org
[h=4]OVERVIEW[/h]There should be a new law created called Caylee's Law that will make it a felony for a parent or guardian to not notify law enforcement of a child going missing within 24 hours
Let's keep another case like Caylee Anthony out of the courts. Contact your State Senators and Representatives.

My thought is this might be very good! We have to be careful, because it has been my experience that sadly our citizens to be very hard on mothers and lets fathers get away with a lot when it comes to parenting responsibilities. Such a law perhaps could be used against mothers, particularly poor mothers or in the cases of divorce...custody battles. There could also be legitimate confusion at times. A mother might think her child is with the father and is not. But it seems to me, in the GREAT majority of cases, there is no excuse for a parent not to know where there child is at all times and to not report the child is missing after 24 hours of confusion or not knowing where their child is!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I haven't read all the responses, so sorry if I'm way out in left field.

The only testimony I actually watched was the day they talked about the duct tape on the skull. If I recall correctly, the person testifying said the duct tape was still around the skull, mandible in tact, and hair beneath it, when it was found. Sorry to be gross, but if the duct tape had been on a garbage bag, and the bag was opened by animals to consume what was inside, the plastic bag would still be on that tape. And even if it was not, it would not, by that point, be sticky enough to "fall" onto her decomposing flesh and stick. Duct tape dries out, and it doesn't take that long.

The one thing, tho, that DID make me doubt her guilt? Was hearing she is appealing the lying convictions. The ONLY reasons I can come up with for that being a good idea is if she were truly innocent of killing her daughter, or she was truly so deranged that she believes she didn't kill her daughter.

donna723

Shari, I'm not sure if I have this exactly right but apparently if her convictions for lying to the police are on appeal, that can prevent her from having to answer questions when she's deposed by the lawyers for the civil suits. She going to have thousands of dollars worth of civil suits against her - from the real "Zanny", from the search organization that looked for Caylee on the assumption that she was just missing, from the bounty hunter who got her out of jail three years ago, and from the State of Florida. If she makes any money from books, movies, interviews, etc., the State will be able to recoup the money they spent on the investigations, the searches for her "missing" child, and what they spent to provide her legal team since she will no longer be considered "indigent".

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Then there's another valid reason I hadn't thought of.

From where I stand, it still looks like she's guilty, but that was the first inkling of doubt I ever had. And that is just stemming from what I think I would do. If I did something, and get away with it, I'd run away from that something so fast, itd make your head spin. ANd I'd pray for it to just go away. Only if I were truly innocent of said charges would it burn my butt to be accused.

donna723

They said that you CANNOT refuse to answer questions during a deposition for a civil suit. You can't "plead the fifth" and claim that answering might incriminate you. Apparently the only thing that will keep you from having to answer questions is if the case is still active, and appealing the convictions, even though she's been released, keeps the cases officially active.

Baez' claim that they wanted to "clear her name" (what a joke!) is total BS because she has all those other felony convictions for the check writing!

Nancy

Shari, Donna is correct, it's a legal manuever so she doesn't have to answer questions at her deposition, she can take the fifth.

Nancy

klmno

What if the jury had to be a minimum age? Say 30- so the youngest in the room would be 30. I personally wouldn't want to get rid of jury trials or change them to the point that they are all judges or professionals, but I can see having a few requirements now that we have grown as a society and most have at least a high school diploma or GED and people are living older, having kids later, etc. In the 1800's, 20-somethings probably had tons more real life experiences than the same age group today. Plus, most of them were contributing a lot more work to keep a family together even as kids. Today we'd be turned over to cps if we raised our kids that way.

Steely

Well, I am with mattsm on this.....I believe she is innocent of murder. I just do. However - I believe the police botched this case BIG time.

The fact of the matter is, is that it seems that the police acted in this case just as they did with my sister's case. The initial 2 week investigation for H was all based on "her missing", not a homicide. Which meant that all the investigating they did was half :censored2:, no forensics were done, no interviewing of possible perpetrators. Nothing. So when they found her dead, all they time they had wasted going down this one road, meant it was too late for the forensics and a formal investigation, and they had lost all possible chances of retrieving it.

It seems from my perspective that if the police really only did ONE search of the house, because they thought it could be an "accident", they probably missed all sorts of evidence.

klmno

Steely- the police believed the family when they reported Caylee as missing- did you hear the 911 call from Cindy? Why on earth would police hear that and assume that there would be anything in Cindy & George's home pointing to an accidental death? Casey hadn't been staying there for 31 days already so they wouldn't have had reason to search that home for signs of homocide.

When you all realized your sis was missing, you reported it. When you learned of her death, you didn't claim she was missing and try to hide the whereabouts of her body. If someone interferes with an investigation like that, it's hard for me to blame investigators for barking up the wrong tree- it was the own mother leading them to the tree.

ETA: Steely, I do agree with you that people dropped the ball in your sis's case- I just don't think that was the big problem in Caylee's case.

Last edited:
H

HaoZi

I'd like to smack the foreman that said that about partying. I'm not much older than him, I've done my share of partying when Kiddo was little (traded nights of babysitting with a friend), and I can't say boo about the photos from her partying days because I know there's plenty of similar photos from mine. I was only slightly less difficult child-ish than Kiddo is, but if something had happened to her I would NOT have been out living it up and getting a "Bella Vita" tattoo right afterwards (and I have my share of ink, too). If my kid was missing my rear end would be out with the search parties at dawn every day no matter how much coffee it took even if I need to lug along my own camp toilet to do it.

BusynMember

The foreman was obviously very immature with no kids and no insight. He was referred as "the hot juror." He probably had a thing for Casey.

Sadly, pretty women rarely get convicted. Like I said before, if s he had been a man she'd be sitting on death row, like Scott Peterson (they also never found a cause of death for his wife, but he's not getting away with it). Baez was smart...he went after the men. Men always seem more threatening than pretty, petite young girls...I remain strong in my belief that she would not have gotten off is she wasn't young and pretty (and white).

klmno

It's the male-female discrimination, MWM. While some racial bias might still exist in our country, the male vs female bias is the worst and is taking the longest for people to figure out. An African-American female who gets biased treatment will more than likely claim it's due to race but it's really due to gender. Females more likely than not will get ordered an Residential Treatment Center (RTC) when/if they become delinquent- males get Department of Juvenile Justice. on the other hand, females still don't get equal pay and work benefits unless they work for a government agency.

They have been talking about this on tv tonight- if a 30+ yo male has sex with a teen, he's a molester. If a 30+ female has sex with a teen, well....no big deal.

But females still don't get treated equally in the work force or in society in general. The problem is that females haven't woken up and realized it's not due to their race, religion, socio-economic background, etc- it's because they're a female, in my humble opinion, so females aren't fighting for equal rights the way they used to- when they were all classified as bra-burners.

klmno

Good. If a teacher or any female in authority or over the age of 25 touches my teen or adolescent son (when he was an adolescent) in a sexual way (not talking a pat on the back or an appropriate hug), I'd be taking her rear to court in a heartbeat no matter what he said.