Casey Anthony Bombshell!

witzend

What parent after finding their drowned child in the pool doesn't try to rescue them no matter how dead they are? What parent doesn't call 911? What parent goes out and parties? None. None at all and her stories are all big fat lies.

H

HaoZi

Janet, a lot of defense lawyers will Pro Bono a case like hers just for the publicity.

BusynMember

There is a special place in hell for people who are as evil as Casey Anthony. She's a sociopath, all right. They don't have to be smart, just savvy and without a conscious. Have no idea how they get that way...nobody knows yet. But she is there.

I can't watch this court case either. It's too upsetting.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Ms. Anthony is Randism personafide, and certainly will be notoriously remembered as the poster woman who raised the bar for DSM classic Narcissistic behavior.

Jody

I just cannot believe her calloussnes at the murder of her daughter. Out right partying and walking thru the video store the night it happened or next night arm and arm with her boyfriend. Gosh, I just don't understand that. She is so guilty it is sickening. I will be glad when it is over, it just drives me crazy to think of a mother this evil. Can't believe she did this to her parents either.

klmno

I can't believe this either- does anyone know what her father testified to? Did they asked him if he'd abused Casey? What did he say? And about the :"accidental death in the parents' pool" (if I have that right)- when was that supposed to have happened and how could it happen without the grandparents knowing and are they trying to say the grandparents were part of hiding the truth about this, too? Who on earth would buy that story? No parent would duct tape a lifeless body if their child accidentally drowned, hide the body, lie about it for months, and go out partying. If it was accidental then what was there to hide?

in my humble opinion, I'm not 100% certain her father never abused Casey but I don't think it warrants Casey doing what she's done even if he did. But if he did, most survivors of incest would NEVER let the kid spend extensive time alone with their abuser.

donna723

I think they came up with all that in a desperate attempt to try to make her look like a "victim". If people would believe that, they might sympathize and be willing to believe that she did what she did because she was "abused" by her father, therefore it's not really her fault, it's his! Then in the next breath, she claims that the baby drown in her parents pool and that her father knew about it and helped hide and dispose of the body! Do those two things not contradict each other? First it's like they're saying she did it and it's all her fathers fault, then they're saying that it was an accident and he helped cover it up! Either way, she's throwing her father under the bus! And isn't he a retired police officer? It's all total BS!!!

klmno

It's just such a sad situation- for everyone except Casey. I remember how I felt when difficult child's attny and GAL tried to blame me for difficult child pulling the knife on me. This is just an even bigger, more magnified nitghtmare than that. But I never understood a defense attny throwing the biggest advocate of the defendant under the bus trying to save the defendant. Unless they all just bank on that advocate/parent loving the kid so much that they'll go along with it. I don't know about Georgge Anthony, but I didn't go along with it. I did still try to stand by my son and advocate for him though- not to get off scott free but not to be locked up with the key thrown away. But that's the only part I can relate to- obviously, a child dieing is much more extreme than our personal experience.

DammitJanet

Here is the theory the defense is throwing out there:

Casey was abused by Dear old Daddy from the age of 8 so she is now a great liar.

Caylee climbed into the family pool and drowned by herself.

Grandpa Finds Caylee in pool.

Casey finds Grandpa with Caylee in his arms and Grandpa yells at Casey for letting her get out to the pool and tells her she will be arrested for child neglect.

Casey and Grandpa cover up the childs death...how no one is saying.

Casey goes on about her life for 31 days until Grandma Cindy notices Caylee is missing. Grandpa says nothing to no one???????

Yeah makes so much sense to me too?

If the kid fell in the pool as above, why not just call 911 and report it? why the whole elaborate cover up and sex abuse lie after lie, I work at Universal or whatever.

klmno

Well, I just don't buy it. I heard them say they'll probably put her on the stand- I want to hear them ask her if her father abused her then why did she ever let her daughter spend extensive time with her parents. And why didn't she greieve and act fearful if that BS story was true. And yes, you'd have to explain the duct tape some how. Someone suggested the duct tape was put on the girl before the drowning- well then that isn't an accidental death. What a shame- I agree 100% it was a very dysfunctional family but geez.. many of us on this board are dealing with that, too. We don't end up with dead toddlers.

DDD

Devil's Advocate here. Be prepared for some differing thoughts.

From 2008 to 2011 ALL we have heard is that cute, lying Casey has murdered her daughter and poor heartbroken grandparents are aghast. WHAT IF we had only heard from 2008 to 2011 that the grandparents were nuts? That George spent years molesting his cute little girl as part of his drunken behaviors and his wife covered it up as many abusers spouses have been proven to do?

There is no proof that the child was murdered. There is no proof that difficult child and her parents ever did anything to harm the little girl? There is proof that Casey is a difficult child. There is proof that she enjoyed partying, laughing, hanging out with friends
and their is plenty of proof that she was observed to be a loving young Mom. There is proof that she is a liar...but that does not make her a murderer. How many of our difficult child's lie? Lots! How many party?

I don't know who did what, that's for sure, but I do know that the Mom was a press magnet. I am convinced that the police and SA office actually paid $15,000 to the man who reported the child's remains in that lot for over three months. That man who "discovered" the skull has been reported to have bragged to his son and to others that he would soon be on TV and a rich man for "finding" the baby. WTH?? Does it make sense that our tax dollars be given to that man so he could hire a private attorney to represent him? Why?

I know difficult child's. I know many alcoholics and reformed alcoholics. If the cameras had focused on the middle aged grands I think we would all think "ummm". To me there is no proof that any of the three primary family members killed the child. What did happen? I don't know. BUT with every ounce of my soul I can tell you that if easy child/difficult child who lived in my house and shared every day with husband, GFGmom and me was out of my sight for more than a few days I would have been searching, reaching out for help, praying and crying until I found him. Cripes, when he was four I knocked on doors and called people I barely knew until I found that GFGmom had left him with a sitter on the edge of our town.....and then I drove there and picked him up and brought him home!

As the Mother of a difficult child and the grandmother of difficult child's I know that imperfection is part of the package but I sure as heck don't think that difficult child's should be sent off to the big house or killed because they look guilty. Sometimes the most innocent looking adults are guilty as sin. Even with small town arrests and convictions the State Attorneys office is not a branch of the Vatican. I want to see proof beyond a reasonable doubt before the presumption of guilt. DDD

DammitJanet

DDD...I have thought about that too but I simply cannot get past the fact that if my child was missing from me for more than 24 hours, I would be looking for it even at age 22 or however old she was at that time. I was a young mom. I was a difficult child. I wasnt that stupid. Obviously the child died and it died somehow. I dont believe a toddler committed suicide. No, I believe if the defense is conceding that the child died in the pool then they are conceding that they know that Cacey had something to do with this. They are just trying to cast blame.

klmno

**Parts or original post deleted due to being a poor choice of words they conveyed unintended critism to another board member**

I can't see anything in this that leads me to think it was accidental. I can't see anything that leads me to think it was a crime by someone outside the family. I'm the survivor of incest abuse and I can't imagine acting like she did if someone committed a crime against my shild. I'm not going to say for sure that I KNOW what happened and I agree with you that justice, as we know it in our country, needs to run its course.

I won't get into all the detailed reasons why- but all I see are loopholes in this defense. Being abused doesn't justify or lead to letting your toddler child spend time with your parents alone, partying after an "accidental death", keeping your mout shut for this length of time- after attnys have gotten involved, etc...

Last edited:

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I am hoping that they put some mental health experts on the stand - Is she a narsissist, suffering from anti social disorder - having a hard time wrapping my head around with the total disconnect due to sexual abuse to that much of an extreme.

So many questions (I write them down as I hear the testimony LOL) Why borrow a shovel when dad has so many shovels (albiet they were probably locked up) So many guys on the stand - my eyes were starting to glaze over. I think the baby was buried in the yard for a while, under the playhouse, hense the hits by the dogs - then moved. Crock or whatever his name is, well, am not surprised there are media hoes everywhere. Am also wating to hear from the forsnic plant person

I don't think the truth is going to come out unless someone cracks under the strain. And if the attorney was told about the drowning, why drag this all out for so long. If she lied for years, then why not one more to the attorney.

Biaz kept after George about confronting Casey about the gas cans. He obviously is not intimately familiar with difficult child behavor - after a while constant confrontations make you weary - ya already know he answer so why go there. Also, no one asked about the numerous times Casey has taken the gas cans - George seems to have a thing about locked sheds - how many locks has she gone thru. Also don't see the big deal about duct tape on only one of the gas cans - we have two and one has duct tape - because that one is the one we use for the edge trimmer and is mixed with oil, and the other one I always have to chase to see which one of difficult child's friends has it.

So right now I don't think George is involved in a cover up - I think Casey was home with the baby, wasn't paying attention, and got into the pool and drowned - that sounds plausable - then freaked out. But then again, if George was looking for that thing so he could change the oil, that was glossed over - don't think they mentioned that and just went back to the gas cans.

What a tangled web

Marcie

donna723

One thing I know for sure ... if I were Casey Anthony and if all this had happened the way she said it did, I would have been talking my head off to anyone who would listen about her father being implicated! If it had been an accident, I would have been telling the police from day one what really happened! They would still be in trouble for not reporting it and for disposing of the body improperly, but the charges would have been a lot less serious than what she's charged with now. But instead of telling them all this, she lets herself be arrested for first degree murder and quietly sits in jail aaaaaaall this time, and then just suddenly comes out with this story at her trial? Why would she do that? Makes no sense at all!

Then there's the traces of chloroform in her car ... why would anyone need chloroform? And the duct tape. And the computer searches she did on different ways to kill people, like breaking their neck? And if her father had been involved, being a retired police officer, I think he would have done a lot better job of disposing of her body rather than just dumping it in a field close to their house! I just really don't believe it.

Last edited:

witzend

I had to step back for a while before I could comment upon this again. It pains me to see us in such vocal disagreement about this. I think that it's possible that 3-D has insight to this that those of us not in the Florida area don't have, at least as far as how this has been handled in the media, and how the family has handled and manipulated the media. For 3-D it's the Anthony's. For us here it's the Hormans, although they have not yet found Kyron. Before that it was Ashley and Miranda. We all have someone or something like that which is played into our living rooms on a daily basis. It's overwhelming.

From before the day I joined this support group until this very moment I have been terrified that M would or will commit some heinous crime that I won't ever be able to explain or to stop. I'm not him, and he's not me. I'm sure he thinks we abused him. I'm sure that there are people that believe him. I'm sure that at times I was a terrible parent (I did not abuse him). I know that was so and I know that there was a point that M could have more easily turned it around and that it is no longer so easy. I also know that from what should have been a salvageable age for him I sought help and worked to make all of our lives better. Sadly, I could not do the work for M that he needs to make his own life better. And somewhere in the back of my mind I live my life in fear of what he will do. I fear his anger and hatred so much I can not help him. But deep down I know that he's the little baby boy I brought home and all I want for him is to be happy.

What I do know is that regardless of how messed up my own life was when M was young, he would not have been missing for a month without my shouting about it from the mountaintop. If I had found him dead in someone else's care I would not have thrown him in the trunk of my car and then in a trash heap. Casey knew what happened when it happened, and in my humble opinion society should not ever forgive her for going out and partying and getting tattoos and giving people body shots when she knew her baby was dead.

Please don't fight about this. Casey is a terrible mother. We are not her. I hope to God we are not her.