Casey Anthony Bombshell!

TerryJ2

OMG, Marg, that mother must have been horrified when she found out. I think I would kill myself.
But I see your point about drugging.

DDD

I'm trying to figure out how the tragedy could have happened as I don't see Casey as an uncaring Mother based on all the testimony from her peer group. That is the first theory that makes sense as a possibility to me. There have been a number of cases in Florida where single Mom's had to work, had no funds or babysitter available, and put their child "to bed" in their car as they worked nightshift at Walmart or whatever. Casey worked at night at a nightclub that I think had a lit parking area and may have been part of a shopping center. Maybe, just maybe, she chose that same avenue but thought she could make sure her daughter didn't wake up afraid during her shift. Maybe she made a bed in the trunk, gave her the blanket and toy she liked best and then thought she would be safe for the four or six hours she was inside supervising the shooter girls.
They testified Casey did not drink or do drugs, was "up", helpful and supportive at her job. Yikes! I think you guys may have explained the mystery. No matter what happened it is a huge tragedy...but that could explain it. DDD

That would also explain why she had to pick up her daughter at the babysitters before she met up with friends later. She would drive somewhere, put her daughter in the car and carry her sleeping into friend's homes to continue her night's sleep. What a theory.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I find it kind of interesting that "zanny" is also a nickname for xanax - made me go hmmmm. As to the real Zanny person, she did inquire at the infamous apartment complex to rent one out - filled out a card. Casey has a friend who lived in that apartment complex about 500 feet from where she says she let the little girl out to go upstairs (who would do that by the way) and friend had only seen Casey once. Also one other of her friends had a sister/friend who worked in that renting office. Am thinking that is where the supposed Nanny's full name came from.

Will be glad when this trial is over - I am just stunned the more I listen that someone could be THAT good at making up tales - kinda scarey. Am wondering why she didn't take the plea deal that was offered to her back in 2008 - I would think death penalty vrs a few years in jail, jail would be a better call

Marcie

klmno

I think this theory was mentioned in the press around the time the chloroform came into play- and they discovered the web searches Casey had done. I could be wrong (my memory isn't what it used to be) but they appeared to have evidence that Casey wasn't working that night- she was either partying or with a boyfriend so this wasn't done in an effort to keep a job. Like I say- I'm not positive about that but I think I heard that on the news. Whether or not they had hard evidence or were just speculating themselves is another question I have. I also wonder how close the definition of "good mother" that 20-something partiers have comes to being the same definition we warrior moms have. Would chloroforming a child and putting her in a trunk all night be acceptable to them? Actually, they probably didn't know or think to ask if they are all just meeting up to party.

donna723

"... she had been talking about putting Caylee to sleep in her trunk - how the baby wouldn't wake up until they were home again..."

Another possibility, if she was leaving Caylee in the trunk of the car, is that she could have died from the heat in the closed car trunk. Every summer there are always sad stories in the news of small children who died after being accidentally left in a hot, closed vehicle. I would imagine that it gets pretty darned hot in the trunk of a car, especially in Florida! It wouldn't take long for a small child to die from the extreme temperatures in the trunk of a car on a hot day!

donna723

Another thing that doesn't make any sense to me, about this "Zanny" person. Of course, nothing she did makes any sense but why would she give them the name of a real person, someone that could be checked out and proven to have had nothing to do with it? Why would she not just make up some fictitious name, someone that could never be tracked down?

H

HaoZi

My bottom line is who would act like she did for the month after? She knew Caylee was missing or dead, and really it doesn't matter which one she knew, no "caring mother" would behave like that during that time.

DammitJanet

I was going to mention that Zanny was on the card at the apartment complex too. That poor innocent woman whose life has been forever changed. I think I would have to legally change my name. Also interesting Marcie about xanax..hadnt thought about that but yeah.

I didnt see the Cindy testimony because I was out all weekend but I have a feeling she is going to be a hard witness. She is never going to believe Casey killed Caylee. I wonder if she will throw her husband and son under the bus for her daughter. Honestly, if she does, I would be so done with her if I was them, the divorce would be heard all over America. I am still surprised that they are allowed to sit in the courtroom and hear testimony considering they are being called for testimony over and over again.

klmno

They'replaying opening arguments on tv now. I'm trying to clean house and prepare for my upcoming trip with only watching this on "breaks" but it's hard not to become engrossed in it since I missed them when they were first aired.

klmno

I got an email from my mother yesterday that I haven't answered yet. It says she's watching this trial every day and now can't sleep. This usually means she's going into one of her anixety "panic" modes where she'll stir up all sorts of koi in mine and difficult child's lives because she's gotten paranoid and angry that she isn't in control of our lives but the fact that she gets that much anxiety somehow is supposed to justify her actions. Also, she then tries to claim it's my fault that she got the anxiety to begin with. She somehow can't understand that this isn't the same thing as people who are normally in the kid's life on a regular basis suddenly having cause to be concerned about the kid's welfare. I'll have to eamil her back and tell her I sincerely hope we aren't about to go another round and if she gets that much anxiety over this trial, then why doesn't she either quit watching it or get on more medications instead of deciding I have killed or am trying to kill difficult child?? I swear, I've heard it before and every time it's been instigated by something she watches on tv.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Janet - if you go to FB and look for In Session, they pretty much have a play thru of Cindy's testamony - also you can go to the bb Webslueths (me, addicted to this trial..ya think)

Casey threw a bit of a fit yesterday when her mother got off the stand right after the courts first break because she didn't look at her I guess. Cindy held up pretty well, but am not looking forward to when its Casey's attorneys turn. Honestly, I think I would have had a stroke already from the stress

Marcie

DammitJanet

I told Tony that if this had happened in our family, they wouldnt have been able to have a trial. (Crossing fingers, knocking on wood, throwing salt) I would have killed Cory and then myself. Cory cannot lie that well to me, he simply cant. I know when he is lying. Always have been able to tell.

That brings up another thing that bothers me profoundly...lie detectors.

There was something on TV the other night...maybe a tv show or something like Primetime Live. On this show the father had given the daughter tickets to a concert and the daughter disappeared from the concert only to be found murdered a couple of months later. The parents did not kill the daughter...that is not in question. However, if I was given a polygraph test given those same circumstances I would fail it miserably because I would feel I was responsible for my childs death.

klmno

Good point about lie detectors. I've always been afraid I'd fail one on any issue just because I have a "thing" about being accused falsely or people thinking I'm guilty when I'm not and it causes me so much anxiety when that happens that I've been told I appear guilty even when I'm not. I probably appear guiltier when I'm completely innocent than when I think I'm guilty of something.

klmno

The prosecution just said that one of the computer searches was for making weapons at home- they weren't just chloroform searches. And that 3 pieces of overlapping duct tape covered both the nose and mouth and that forensics had determined it was placed there prior to decomposition started. That puts a whole new angle on things for me. It just makes me want to cry.

Casey appears very angry at her parents to me- like she hates them for not getting her out of this. I think she's pushing the "it's her father's fault" angle because she's so convinced that if he was a good father, he'd be getting her out of this so since he isn't, she'll throw him under the bus to pay him back and try to get herself off. I can see a major difficult child thinking this way. I bet she's thinking it's his fault "that she has to take this approach since he wouldn't get her out of it like she thinks he should". It reminds me of my mother, frankly, even more than my son. At least some part of my son understands why I put my foot down and hold him accountable. Some people in my family really do think they are due that amount of entitlement. And some are so much in denail that they buy into it.

TerryJ2

Marcie Mac, very interesting!! Never knew that.

Klmno, blaming her parents for not getting her out of it ... hey, if that's not typical difficult child behavior, I don't know what it.

I'm so sorry about your mom.

DammitJanet

I think there is a warped view of good parents versus bad parents. Good parents would fail a poly because they would feel so darned guilty that even breathing wrong may have caused their child to go missing or die when a bad parent would not fail it because hell, what do I care, kid went to the concert, not my fault!

klmno

Why doesn't it look like the parents are buying any of this defense approach? I get why they aren't going to agree with the previous sex abuse, but it doesn't look to me like they even beleive this was an accident in the pool. Then if they don't buy it, why do they appear to still be defending Casey and not acting like their daughter killed their grand daughter?

H

HaoZi

Has the defense brought up a possible insanity defense yet? If not, I bet that's somewhere in the wings.