CD Gathering Attendance Confirmation

Nancy

The zoo is an excellent idea! We certainly wouldn't be kicked out of there.

Busy, maybe you should pm me about hotels you find. I can steer you away from places/areas that may not meet our needs.

Does this mean you are not interested in visiting the R&RHoF?

Nancy

DammitJanet

Guys....do we have any idea how many actual rooms we will be needing?

Once we get an idea of how many rooms I am going to ask Billie (daughter in law) to ask her employer if she can get us a discount at one of the hotel chains she works for. Not gonna lock us in or anything but just see if its a possibility. Who knows, she always says she can get discounts. I think she works for the Choice series. I would think they would have them in Cleveland...lol.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Janet, we're up to 24 on the "list", with a few of them that are still tentative. I imagine we'd need a block of 20 rooms at least.

DammitJanet

I like the idea of:

Friday arrival and check in: Meet and greet in hotel lounge if available
People can decide to team up to go to dinner on their own or in groups

Saturday...breakfast at hotel if available

Saturday sightseeing/Rock &Roll hall of Fame/ Shooters? or Park for late lunch

Saturday evening open for those who want to go to ballgame or sit and talk with friends

Sunday...meet for breakfast....checkout of hotel for those leaving on Sunday...

busywend

Nancy, I am not sure about R&D HoF yet. I really like going to the Zoo - so that sounds more enjoyable to me. But, I have to take a look still! I have to do my research. LOL!
I will PM you later tonight with info I gather. Thanks!

tiredmommy

Aren't the R&RHoF and the zoo in different parts of the city? If so, we can decide on our activity by where the group's hotels are clustered OR where the hotels are located by what the group is most interested in doing.

Nancy

They are about 20 minutes apart. The R&R is downtown and the Zoo is on the near west side across the bridge from downtown.

I don't want to discourage anything, and the zoo is fun but it is nothing special, it's just a zoo. Maybe I am being hard on it because I live here and have been there many times. It's a great place to go with kids but we won't have that. It's a lot of walking, things are spread out, and last summer when I went in all honesty I couldn't walk that far. On a nice day it's very enjoyable but I do want to point out both sides. Absolutely if members want that sort of thing they will enjoy it I'm sure.

Nancy

gcvmom

Here we go again!
It's good to look at both sides, Nancy and I don't think it's discouraging for you to point out the different things to consider.

Not everyone will be up for a day of walking. We all have different interests with respect to the tourist thing. No doubt we'll be splitting up in to several groups depending what people want to do.

And remember, we have lots of time to decide that aspect of the trip. :)

Fran

Former desparate mom
Truthfully, I love you guys but my days of wandering the zoo with a group of kids in the July heat are pretty much over. been there done that.
I'm sure I can find something to entertain me during the day and hook up with you later in the day. I'm figuring I'll see you Friday evening for dinner or drinks with those who are there already.
There will be groups that splinter up. Folks who keep in touch routinely will probably want to spend some time together. 24hrs of togetherness is not that
comfortable.
I look forward to visiting with all of you. Hope a lot of newbies come.

DammitJanet

Fran...the zoo in July isnt my idea of fun either...lol. Tony has been suggesting that for Keyana but I keep putting it off. I think that sounds like a Papa and Daddy trip...lmao. Grandma just isnt up to that one.

Now I can probably make it through the Rock and Roll thing. I am bringing my chair...cringes. I just dont want to get stuck somewhere and it be too much walking for me. I am sooooo much better now but I dont want to push it.

Star*

call 911........call 911
As much as I want to and would LOVE to meet all of you - I fear I am not going to be able to attend. Originally I thought last Fall that my house would be sold and I would be living somewhere in Ohio - but that's not happening.

Please put a stuffed glittery donkey in my chair -

Jena

oh wow that's so odd i just sent a pm to toto saying how i was going to bring you a stuffed donkey. sorry oh wise one you will be missed my friend.

ok, i'm just saying ok i'll come. do i have to do anything else?? LOL

Fran

Former desparate mom
Star, I'm so sorry. I was so hopeful to finally meet you. Maybe things will work out. I'll keep hoping you will come and let us all meet you in person. We all will keep our collective fingers crossed that something happens and you do make it.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'm getting excited about this and meeting everyone. I've already marked myself off work for that Friday.

I'm thinking maybe a casual Friday night get together in the hotel bar for those who are there already. Nothing fancy.

Saturday day is on our own...with some kind of gathering Saturday night for those who are arriving on Saturday. Dinner at the hotel or a nearby restaurant? If not at the hotel, perhaps Nancy will be able to scout out a place/restaurant within walking distance that is reasonable in cost and will allow us to all sit together?

Like Fran, my days of spending time at the zoo in the July heat with a bunch of little kids is over. :rofl: More power to the rest of you who haven't gotten to that point yet, though.

I think we need to keep this loose and not schedule too much. Have options available for those who are interested but no expectations that we are all in lock-step because each of us will want something different from this visit.

Suz

Last edited:

flutterby

Fly away!
Two things:

1) Would anyone be offended if I invited my bff from NY? I rarely get to see her and this would be a more doable drive for her. Her sister and our childhood friend are both bipolar, so she's no stranger to difficult child issues. She would blend nicely with the group.

2) I plan on having easy child bring me. Hopefully his girlfriend will come, too, but difficult child will definitely be coming. She will hang with easy child and his girlfriend, but this may be the only time we get away this summer because of my health and she really needs to get out. She will not be hanging all over me or anything like that. She will be with easy child and his girlfriend. We'll be sharing a room, but that's the extent of it.

If anyone has any problems with either of these things, let me know and I'll make changes. I'm just trying to fit things in because, as I said, this may very well be the only outing I manage this year. I won't be offended at all if this is not ok. Promise. It's why I put it out there. :)

everywoman

I will be there. I have invited husband, but he has not RSVP'd yet. I can't wait to meet you guys. I've been here 6 years now----hard to believe. I've watched your kids grow up. You've watched mine. I feel like you're family. Star---I'm going to pm you. Please respond.

tiredmommy

Heather- My family will be in town as well but not hanging with our group. They'll be doing their own thing with the family of husband's buddy.

Nancy

Hey guys, we were just outside of the R&RHoF today and it was so beautiful out. I think those of you that would like to see it will really enjoy it. It's right on the river and if it's a nice day it's just beautiful. difficult child's prom group went down there for pics so we went and when I saw it I got so excited about out get together.

If I knew how to upload pics I would put some up of the Rock for you guys to see.

Nancy

jannie

trying to survive....
I don't think I can come, however I just did a quick search on southwest and I was surprised to see that I could get an airfare to Cleveland for $120.00 round trip. Is anyone driving from the Difficult Child area?