CD Gathering Month Preference

Which month do you prefer for the CD Gathering?

• July 2009

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • August 2009

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • September 2009

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • October 2009

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • No preference

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
If you've only got a 3-hour drive from AZ, I want your car!

I think we're up to which week in July... I'm not picky as long as it isn't the last one!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I know where Ohio is!!! I was kidding... actually when I lived in Indy it was up about 45 minutes from Chicago. I moved right before I found this place which made me SO angry. Considering so many of you are in that area!
I even go to see parts of Michigan when I lived there, but not any further east that.
I never made it over into Ohio though. :(

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Uh... Ohio may be "the heart of it all" but with so much closing around here, unless you're doing the tourist thing there isn't much to do! Except FESTIVALS. And most of those are in the fall.

Around Dayton area... AF Museum, Boonshoft, Art Museum, Union Station (that's Cinci). I think there's a planetarium but it's been years. COSI (in Columbus), kids museum (Indianapolis). There's a SWEET B&B/spa about an hour north of Dayton - went in March with my Mom - husband and Dad got together and gave us a weekend there for Valentine's Day.

Lots of river to canoe on... Some woods to camp in... Shopping of course and a slew of universities. Otherwise... YAWN... But then I live here. on the other hand, there are a lot of good family restaurants and the cost of living isn't so bad. Plus I have a good job!

flutterby

Fly away!
Don't forget Cedar Point!!!

There's a festival for everything you can think of in Columbus...and then some.

Hocking Hills - cabins and caves. Pretty country.

And hey, Columbus (New Albany to be exact) is the home of Victorias Secret. :D

DammitJanet

So when is it gonna be? And where is my car supposed to drive to? I can just miss everyones birthday this year I suppose...lol.

I have three birthdays in July but they will just have to understand that this is more important.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Janet, I was going to give it until the 30th to close the poll. If everyone's agreeable, we could close it on the 23rd instead so that we can get the plans rolling.

I just want to make sure that anyone who's still thinking about it, or who hasn't been around this past week, perhaps due to Spring Break for some of us, still has time to put in their vote. :)

DammitJanet

Well...I am open for whenever except the last week of september because that is when the new baby is supposed to arrive. Like I said, we can just miss any of the other birthdays this year and rearrange things.

Tony is looking so forward to meeting everyone!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Yup I'll get that done in a few minutes... I don't get on much on the weekends! difficult children and husband more interesting than work. :tongue:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
LOL My family will love that... Used to have one but deliberately killed it off when I moved from TX (when I was 14) - too embarrassing! I'd love to have it back now...

DammitJanet

You dont get much more southern than my family...lol.

When Jamie went to boot camp...they nicknamed him Big Country...lol.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet I've talked with you on the phone. Your accent isn't that bad. No worse than most people around here. Which I haven't figured out cuz we're not "south". lol

I'm getting ready to go to cincy today with easy child to Sam's Club. (she just joined) So I'll have plenty of time to chat with her and make plans. :)

KTMom91

I'm so looking forward to this! A long weekend, margaritas, Raoul (someone is bringing him, right?), no difficult children in sight...oh, yeah!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Raoul in a thong....
When is it??? Just not July 4th weekend please!!!! PLEASE! That is K's birthday, the 2nd.
I'm bringing Tarantulas for everyone! Or Scorpions, whichever you prefer?

I hope I can go... I feel like a giddy little kid! A CD Playdate!!!